Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The opportunity cost of screenwriting

Screenwriting is cathartic, laborious, and tedious work. It takes lots of hours of dedication. I spent almost 800 hours the last 13 months on one script. If I had put that time elsewhere, you wonder what else could have possibly been accomplished. If I did 800 hours of exercise in the last 13 months I'd be in better shape. I've always wanted to learn how to juggle. If I spent 800 hours juggling I bet I'd be pretty good by now.

If you can take all the hours you've spent on screenwriting and put them somewhere else, where would you put them?

Sex.

Comment

barump-bum!

Who are you Sting?

Comment

I get the question, but the issue for me is I don't want to spend 800 hours doing anything else. Maybe 100 on guitar lessons, 100 on learning to cook... but I'm never going to do that. I know me. I just like to write, make jokes and watch TV.

Comment

Are you Seth Rogan?

Comment

Rogen! Why can no one spell this man's name!!! It's not just you. It's everyone. I think because of Joe Rogan.

And yes I am Seth Rogen.

Comment

Cool. I loved Pineapple Express!

Comment

I made that. As I am Seth Rogen!

Comment

No, you should be Seth Rogan!

Comment

Methinks you two should spend 800 hours on comedy lessons.

Comment

If I did 800 hours of Stand-up I’d probably be on your right now.

Comment

Here's a joke for you both.

How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

(beat)

I'll tell you later.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyfress View Post
                          Screenwriting is cathartic, laborious, and tedious work. It takes lots of hours of dedication.
                          Same can be said of prose writing, I spend a heck of a lot of time staring at that winking caret, willing the next sentence to write itself. It's like squeezing the last drop out of a wrinkled old toothpaste tube. You can never get enough, but you keep coming back and trying just because it annoys you so much.

If you can take all the hours you've spent on screenwriting and put them somewhere else, where would you put them?
                          I got myself a ukulele over a year ago and I can maybe strum 6 chords if I'm lucky, so it's not music, that's for sure.
                          Nobody knows nothing, and I'm nobody.

Comment

When are you gonna tell us the punchline Bono, I'm bubbling over with suspense!

Comment

Almost ready to share...

Comment

Working...
                              X