Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear

spelled backwards is raef. think about that.
    Last edited by Bono; 05-04-2021, 08:14 PM.

Bono, thanks for giving us all the pep talk, but I'm concerned. How's your health? You're posting all over the forum like you got only 24 hours left to live.

Relax. Enjoy life, my friend.

Comment

Yup.
      Last edited by Bono; 05-04-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

I did just have a heart bypass in November and I had cancer in 2004, so I could die at any minute for sure. Thanks for checking in on me. Also I'm too fat.
        Bummer. How to kill a party, bro.

Comment

Bummer...
          Last edited by Bono; 05-04-2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Bummer...

Last edited by Bono; 05-04-2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Jeeze, Bono. Recovery from major surgery takes time. It can't be good to be online for the majority of your day. Get up. Walk around. Go outside.
              Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Fear effects more than writing.Fear of dying prevents us from living. Fear of failing our partner prevents us from asking for what we need. Fear of being a bad parent prevents us from sticking to our punishment consequence with our kids. There are varying degrees of fear in everything in our lives.

And the biggest secret of all?

The pros have fear of failure, too.

Bono, if you want to lose weight I'll be your daily check in buddy-- I'm trying to lose weight.

My mother used to say, "If there was no fear, what would you do?" I've tried to live that way over the past few years and I've had some serious challenges. It gives me strength even when I'm scared shitless.
                "Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist,- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I guess I'll go outside more...
                  Last edited by Bono; 05-04-2021, 08:16 PM. Reason: no friends

Comment

Ok. Good to hear.
                    Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

I dropped dead last January 2020. No pain. No light from above or anything. Stupid nuns. Just dropped dead.

They put two stents in my heart. I started cardio rehab in March but had to stop because of the pandemic. My EJ (Ejection Fraction) was 20% when released from the hospital. Last echocardiogram measured it at 50% plus. Most people's is 55% to 70%. The heart is an awesome muscle, and a repairable muscle.

I live in the desert so no lawn to mow. I did start back up cardio rehab. I prefer treadmills over going for walks. And they had me lift weights now I lift at home all the time. Look out Aunold.

Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                        Some writers have the talent, but are afraid to put themselves out there. Or worse, always wanting to tinker with their scripts or ideas -- never finish anything. Never show anyone.
                        I wish more people had that problem.

Comment

--
                          Last edited by Bono; 05-04-2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Mark -- I knew we were bonded in a way I could not explain. Glad you are still here to bitch as well.
                            Last edited by Bono; 05-04-2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Bono, you have kids and a family and a sense of humor, you need to stay alive. Oh yea and it would really crush Joe if something were to happen to you.

I think I'm becoming more fearful as I learn this craft. I was fearless once. I posted a bunch of my comedy shorts on Craig Mazin's and Ted Elliot's now non existent web site "artfulwriter". I didn't make any posts about anything before hand. I knew the place was populated by A listers including Jeff but I thought what the fuck. Mazin gave me a note or two. That was his first chance to break it to me that it would be a better use of my time selling paint at a hardware store.

I know more, but not really.

Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

Comment

Working...
                              X