Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just typed FADE OUT:

It feels sooooo good. I hadn't typed those words in a few months. The feeling never gets old for me. Can't wait to do it again. I wanna savor the moment today but my brain's already thinking ahead. What do my fellow writers do when you finish a script? Just curious.

Corona
    I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
    I ain't no punk b1tch...

Re: Just typed FADE OUT:

Usually, I bury my head in recognition that I finished yet another script that isn't "the one".

Just kidding. Congrats. I hope it's worthy of the "fade out".

Good luck.
    S

Comment

What do my fellow writers do when you finish a script?

Let out a huge sigh of relief...then I take a deep breath and try not to think of all the work that's gonna happen during re-writes/tweaks/polishes.

Comment

I used to suffer from postpartum depression and wondered if I'd ever write another. Now I usually just start on the next one after a week or so break.

Comment

I just finished my first one about a week or so ago. I've just been letting it sit for a little while before I get started on the revisions.

In the meantime, I'm getting my outline and characters together for my next one as well as brainstorm for my next one after that.

Comment

I always reward myself with rampant self-abuse.

Sometimes it lasts for days.

By the time they're ready to disconnect me from the life-support machine and send me home, I'm already thinking about my next story/script/novel, and the pot of pleasure at the end of the rainbow.

I recommend it heartily.

-Derek
            -> * <- Click on this magic star to be transported to my website. Ruby slippers optional.

3-page writing challenge coming up in January.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso
              I always reward myself with rampant self-abuse.

Sometimes it lasts for days.

By the time they're ready to disconnect me from the life-support machine and send me home, I'm already thinking about my next story/script/novel, and the pot of pleasure at the end of the rainbow.

I recommend it heartily.

-Derek
              -> * <- Click on this magic star to be transported to my website. Ruby slippers optional.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, guys. May all your fade outs never fade.

Corona
                I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

I usually pour a large glass of something 80 proof or better.

Drink until I believe I've written something worth writing.

Sleep it off.

Wake up to realize the brain cells killed during celebrating would have been better used making the script less obvious, cliched, and uninteresting.
                  http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

It is supposed to be:

FADE OUT.

with a period. For this mistake we have rejected your script.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

I slam a quarter pounder.

All that beef.

All that cheese.

Pound one.
                      Ever thus to deadbeats.

Comment

I go with what's behind Curtain #2: re-thinking, re-writing, trying to cut 15 pages (knowing full well that the bastards should've liked it better at 135 pages/minutes, that 135 minute movies exist and make good box office $$$)

Congrat to you on your success writing and future success for sale and production.
                        sigpic
                        "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
                        that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
                        -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

funny i found this thread today...i jus finished my third and final rewrite/tweak of my script. honestly i dont know what to do......most likely take a long shower and start putting more thought into the next project.
                          One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

When I told my son I finished my script yesterday, he said, "Good, dad." I could tell he meant it but he didn't feel me. You guys feel me and make me smile.

Now if y'all will excuse me, I gotta go take a long shower, get some 80 proof, a quarter pounder with cheese, tug this life support machine around while I trim down the script from 135 pages and type fade out with a period, before I put it away in a drawer and outline to begin my next script in a week. Congrats, Juno.

Corona
                            I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

I'd have to go with the "drinking yourself into oblivion" camp. At least that way you're one step closer to Hemmingway status.

Comment

Working...
                              X