No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ramance/drama "?"

Basicly "A Love Story"

This is a tough genre to find an audiance. For what I'm told.
    When writing this genre it's for "arts" sake, it's for origanalitly, Something new. What ever that means.

Isn't that what writing is, is to write something that's never been done before, "NEW" NO MATTER WHAT THE GENRE IS?

Re: ramance/drama "?"

Well, your spelling is certainly quite novel.

kullervo

Comment

Originally posted by ACTOR
      Basicly "A Love Story"

This is a tough genre to find an audiance. For what I'm told.
      When writing this genre it's for "arts" sake, it's for origanalitly, Something new. What ever that means.

Isn't that what writing is, is to write something that's never been done before, "NEW" NO MATTER WHAT THE GENRE IS?
      I don't know about that. Titanic and The Notebook certainly didn't have any trouble finding an audience.
      Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
      Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Kallevo,
        I'm toning it down a bit. The feed-back was great.
        I'm trying to keep it under two, three lines of discrtion to set the mood and one if I can get away with it. rewriting is underway.

NePatsFan,
        But, titanic had action almost throughout to keep the audiance enterained for three hours.

The Notebook did well at 81 mil,+. What I liked about it, it was an origanal concept.
        To add, The Notebook had no action "pre say. FX" and those films go out on a lim to find their audiance. Don't you agree?

How many other "Love Stories" made the Box office hit list?

Comment

Drama about love is a classic setting. Romeo and Juliet as an example of sucessful drama about love. Maybe even the Lion in Winter.

Comment

Though BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN may have opened the doors for a "ramance", I still think you are much better off making the object of desire a sheep.

But on a serious note - look at the source for romantic *dramas* and 99% of the time you will find it all started with a novel.

Romantic *comedies*, on the other hand, usually start as specs or pitches (ie: they are movie ideas).

If you want to write movies, you have to write movies.

- Bill

PS: No matter what, it has to be something we haven't seen before (or at least, recently), and that's the part that's not easy.
            Free Script Tips:
            http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Thanks Bill, so true!

I think I will stick to your advise.

Romatic Dramas are a tough sell without a book behind it.

Thanks
              ED

Comment

Good point Jeff,
                Before I started writing my script, I asked myself that same question.
                I got that from The Screenwriters Bilbe.

So I came up with "what If"
                An actor found closure "Because of death of his girl" and found love again through his craft.

This concept hasn't been done. it's origanal.

Then I asked what would be the pitch?
                "Romeo & Juliet" meets "Good Will Hunting"

So I wrote it.

Now, Two Prodco's requested for it. And 1 manager that I queried. And they'll have it in a few days.

I think I lucked out for these reads if Drama is a hard sale. Lats see what Happens.

Comment

Jeff, NO I'm not being sarcastic at all!

I was just saying how "luck plays" the roll on getting a read IN THE FIRST PLACE on such a tuff sell - Romantic / Drama's

Your imput is always welcome to me.
                  ACTOR

Comment

Ramance: man in love with a ram?

Originally posted by ACTOR
                    So I came up with "what If"
                    An actor found closure "Because of death of his girl" and found love again through his craft.
                    Not high concept.

Now, if he decided to have portions of his memory that contained his girl erased... then regretted it and fought the erasing process, you'd have something.

But that's already been done.

My sequel idea for my GRID RUNNERS HBO movie had a guy *addicted* to visiting his dead girlfriend in a virtual reality program... then a computer virus threatens the file with his dead girl's information, and he has a chance to save her by entering the computer program... even though he failed to save her actual life.

Richard Matheson's novel WHAT DREAMS MAY COME has a guy depressed over his wife's death *kill himself* and fight his way through the circles of Hell to rescue her. Now *that's* a cool idea!

- Bill
                    Free Script Tips:
                    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Working...
                    X