Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script Analysts

Not many people visit the Services forum, and the posts in there are rather old, so I thought I'd ask this question in here since everyone in here has probably paid for a script analyst. So can people tell me their favorite, or top two favorite script analysts? Something under 200 dollars.

Re: Script Analysts

Can't speak from experience but it seems people have only had good things to say about Bart Gold (ExtHollywoodDay). Based solely on the frequency of positive reviews from members on this site I'd use him were I thinking of paying a script analyst.

For all that's worth.
    twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

These are the ones I've tried and gotten good results from:

Bart Gold aka ExtHollywoodDay-you can reach him via messaging on this forum or at www.bartgold.com

Barb Doyan-shes cheap and gives decent notes. I'm not sure how to reach her.

The service I'm currently considering is A Feeding Frenzy. It's run but two DE's and their work has been getting good reviews.

You can also try www.inktip.com and look under "Consultants/Editors" for their listing of script analysts.

My personal opinion on script analysts...ask questions. Ask to see work they've already done. You're the one spending the money so you need to see some examples of their work. If they aren't forthcoming with examples, look elsewhere. Also ask what movies they like. If you write stuff like American Pie or Scary Movie someone who is a fan of The English Patient and Shopgirl isn't going to be all that objective with your work. And despite what they may say true objectivity and unbiased analysis is as rare as common sense. So try to find someone whose tastes and personal biases are in line with your particular genre. And finally, try to find someone who works at the development or production level. These are the people you will be hoping to sell your work to so it's their opinion you want. Finally if they have a bio, read it.

Good luck

BTN
      "Only he is an emancipated thinker who is not afraid to write foolish things.-
      -Chekhov

Comment

Thanks, XL. I'd look forward to your dropping me a line when the time is right. Make sure I know it's you. [email protected] will get to me just fine.

NightPorter, if experience tells, this new thread of yours might get moved back down to the Script Services & Software forum anyway. The moderators tend to recategorize threads.

You made an interesting point in the old script analyst thread when you said there's not a lot of traffic down there. I think people go there to read reviews more than to post them. I probably read 6-8 scripts a month, some from repeat customers. And a new review only seems to appear once every few months.

Anyway, I indeed am still running my service. It remains a high quality, low volume affair and honestly think you'll be hard pressed to find a better price/result ratio. I hope you'll drop me a line.

Thanks to XL, Seh and everyone who's given me the nod recently.

Best,

Ext.
        - - - - - - -
        Script consulting still going strong.

Details and updates here, as always: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ead.php?t=9901

Comment

I've used Michael Ray Brown at Storysense.com - Worked out great.
          Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
          Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

A few more suggestions:

Triggerstreet is a web site where you will get feedback on your work from other writers in exchange for doing reviews on two other screenplays. Now I've only recently joined so I can't attest as to the quality of the feedback but since the majority of people on this board are probably at the same level as you are (I assume) there may be no epiphanys there for you. But it's FREE and may provide you with some useful insights and a way to get many differing POV's on your work either before or after you get a read from a pro reader.

Scryptreader will read the first twenty pages of your script for FREE and give his opinion. I believe this gentleman used to be a reader for a certain prodco, but he'll fill you in on the details when you email him. Even though the feedback may not be that detailed he has provided some very useful insights on my work.

Good luck

BTN
            "Only he is an emancipated thinker who is not afraid to write foolish things.-
            -Chekhov

Comment

You might want to consider posting some pages here first? Maybe some basic errors can be spotted and addressed so the advice you then go on to pay for is more concentrated on the bigger picture?
              http://wasitsomethingiwrote.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X