Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Character- Desire

First of all - sorry for my poor english so i hope i can explain my question.

I work on a short. Its about a shy boy who is on a travel with his younger sister on a boat to meat grandfather.

The story only take place on the boat - and is a "lovestory" - He see the beautiful and popular child popstar - she is looking at him but he is to shy to talk and say something "romantic" to her. But he must before the boat arrive.

What i wonder about is - why is it so important for him to get her. Is it enough if he just like her?

It must be a big desire.

What do you think.
    English is not my mother tongue. So Patient.

"And tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call if you are unable to speak?" Matrix

Re: Main Character- Desire

The hero's goal must be important to the hero. In some stories that might just be friendship and in others it might be sex or love.

The actual goal is not really important, what matters is that the goal be life or death, literally or figuratively, for the hero.

Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machine
      The hero's goal must be important to the hero. In some stories that might just be friendship and in others it might be sex or love.

The actual goal is not really important, what matters is that the goal be life or death, literally or figuratively, for the hero.

Exaktly.

But what can that be for example for a young boy who see a girl he like and needs to get over his cowerdness to reach her?
      English is not my mother tongue. So Patient.

"And tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call if you are unable to speak?" Matrix

Comment

Lucas.
        Napolean Dynamite.
        Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

If she is a pop star, have the boy be a classical musician who has become afraid to perform in public or who has only performed in a closed studio and never performed in public. He admires her and overcomes his fear of performing when she asks him to accompany her on something she has never done in public - singing an aria from an opera, something her manager (or whoever is "handling" her) doesn't want her to do for fear she would alienate her fans.

Comment

Angus

Comment

Working...
            X