Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you okay if you don't?

Well I'm the new guy on the block and bringing my Musician view point to this. I wouldn't be devastated If I never sold anything. But I'd be disapointed. I have been a semi pro musician for 25 years. I never came close to a major label deal. Everything I ( we ) did was self produced. I'm okay with how things turned out. I have so many freinds who are in the " Bitter Musicians club" it's not funny. I write songs and record them and put out CD's becuase I can. I look at writing the same way I'm writing a movie script and a TV show because I can, and will give it my best shot at selling something.
    T

Comment

Re: Are you okay if you don't?

I would die if i don't sell something.

You know, to dedicate much of one's time into the craft... you'd hope it will give some sort of return.

I loath those 'wannabe' writers who say 'yah, i'm writing a sceenplay' and when asked if they read, study, or even attend classes or seminars on the matter they look at you as if you had two heads, like wtf?

As my writing is all i've got left and got to look forward to, i'm praying to God i hope to achive some success within the intermediate future: 2 - 5 years. Just get one developed, no matter how small (or big).

As others, i've dedicated lot of damn time to the craft. Indirectly it was of the factors that cost me a long term relationship. Now i'm more driven into getting a screenplay sold - as a matter of pride for myself. So yeah, i will never be ok if i don't sell my screenplay, or any of my novels.

Comment

Working...
      X