Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have write the script...

you din't show it to anyone...you thing is good. You can register it, you can pay proofreading. But how many people for your opinion needs to analyze your script? one, two, four, five...

Re: You have write the script...

Ideally, six.

Comment

Count the readers that will actually discuss it with you, as opposed to the ones giving you notes. When you get enough feedback the same main or small issues come up more than a few times, pull it out. rewrite time. Now if the opposite happens, the story works and a handful of people liked the pieces that they were supposed to like, send it out. But in small amounts...

Comment

Sevoo -

how much writing experience do you have? have you written other things before this script? is this your first script? how confident are you that the English usage in the script is well done?

it sounds like this might be early days for you. I would recommend you have about 3 people read the script - some smart friends who like movies but who will also tell you the truth. see if what they point out, good and bad, is in agreement. if you only get one person's opinion, you'll never know if it's just them.

get at least two but three is good. don't pay anyone for this. ask them if they understood the plot, if they liked the main character, if they got scared or laughed or whatever your intention is. then put your notes together and see where they are in agreement and see if that feels right to you too and make a plan to work on a rewrite.

this is a long process, so don't feel bad if it's not perfect right now.

Julie Gray

Comment

Originally posted by Le Femme Joyeux View Post
          Sevoo -

how much writing experience do you have? have you written other things before this script? is this your first script? how confident are you that the English usage in the script is well done?

it sounds like this might be early days for you. I would recommend you have about 3 people read the script - some smart friends who like movies but who will also tell you the truth. see if what they point out, good and bad, is in agreement. if you only get one person's opinion, you'll never know if it's just them.

get at least two but three is good. don't pay anyone for this. ask them if they understood the plot, if they liked the main character, if they got scared or laughed or whatever your intention is. then put your notes together and see where they are in agreement and see if that feels right to you too and make a plan to work on a rewrite.

this is a long process, so don't feel bad if it's not perfect right now.
          i have wrote about 9 of tham , from 80 to 130 pages... and i will never write again.

selling a script is like u are selling a bananas

Comment

Unca Leo?

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
            It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
            -- Potter Stewart

Comment

It smacks of someone from the past... some recently banned?
              "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

it's obviously the borat routine. jesus, guys come on we are bing ployed with. jerking around us, he.

peaches

Comment

His first script pages showed up a year and a half ago, and he goes into great detail about his situation vis a vis translators, etc. That's a lot of pipe to lay for a Borat tie-in.

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=10119

Comment

guys, i hate to break this to you but i'm sevoo. bananas.

Comment

Originally posted by theradicalone View Post
                      guys, i hate to break this to you but i'm sevoo. bananas.
                      You had me at fresh your brain.

Comment

vig can't be sevoo.

sevoo's english is too good.

-- Potter Stewart

Comment

?

Comment

I just have to say-- and maybe it's that I'm tired... maybe it's that I'm stuck at work alone and haven't had any human contact in a few hours--- but I am laughing hysterically at this thread.

Good ol' Sevoo.

Comment

sevoo, why did you change your post? it was funny.

-- Potter Stewart

Comment

Working...
                              X