No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: door knocking... is it important?

Originally posted by Marine66 View Post
    For the love of God, can it really make that much of difference?
    Yes.

Comment

I'd say do it how you want.

Since in this instance the knock interrupts a conversation, it should almost assuredly be in the script, as otherwise we think we just cut away in the middle of a conversation. But that's just my advice. If you think it works better without it, leave it out and the director will add it back if he disagrees with you.

Comment

[QUOTE=gregsonfilm But seriously I doubt one line that says "There's a knock on the door" will make or break your script. I can easily see it being changed by the director or editor to adjust mood and/or pacing.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Comment

In respect, putting my 2.cents in on this subject. I think the Director put the knock or door bell in...

Because, you see... I met Simon and he personally signed this script in front of me... for me. He was at the LA book festivial this past spring at UCLA.

When I shook his hand, I told him about my script, the one I am writing and posting here... he was telling me that the script I have is the script that both Brad and Angelia read prior to them shooting it. It was their reading script, basically.

So, it's apparent that the director must have put in the door bell/knock into the story. So, that solves that part. (Oh, by the way... I do have the DVD too, and since I brought up the question, I haven't watched it to see if the door bell/knock is there, probably should now).

You guys are great, and helpful with me on all of this.

Thanks a million!
          D. Alin
          http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Originally posted by David Alin View Post
            In respect, putting my 2.cents in on this subject. I think the Director put the knock or door bell in...

Because, you see... I met Simon and he personally signed this script in front of me... for me. He was at the LA book festivial this past spring at UCLA.

When I shook his hand, I told him about my script, the one I am writing and posting here... he was telling me that the script I have is the script that both Brad and Angelia read prior to them shooting it. It was their reading script, basically.

So, it's apparent that the director must have put in the door bell/knock into the story. So, that solves that part. (Oh, by the way... I do have the DVD too, and since I brought up the question, I haven't watched it to see if the door bell/knock is there, probably should now).

You guys are great, and helpful with me on all of this.

Thanks a million!
            It's either ironic or yet another poster I ignore in screenwriting and script pages.

Comment

Thanks Deadeye-

I will consider your comments sincerely!

Just My Personal Opinion.
              D. Alin
              http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Originally posted by David Alin View Post
                Thanks Deadeye-

I will consider your comments sincerely!
                As sincerely as my witty repost which if my scriptwriter were here would be a week away from spontenious.

Comment

Originally posted by deadeye View Post
                  As sincerely as my witty repost which if my scriptwriter were here would be a week away from spontenious.
                  Thanks!
                  D. Alin

Comment

Working...
                  X