Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing a Musical/ Period Film

I'm considering options for my next film following the trilogy I'm currently writing and I was curious, how does one go about formatting a musical? For instance, when a song and dance number begins, what would one write on the page?

Re: Writing a Musical/ Period Film

How bout a white, Christian, Midwestern version "Dreamgirls?" If you tell me it's biblical, I'll fly out there and strangle you.

Comment

I'm tossing around a few ideas. It'd have broad appeal. I also have a noirish film I'd like to write called "The Black Diamond". Just trying to figure out what to write first. Oh and I have a Sci Fi trilogy I'd love to work on too. Don't worry Marine, I do write Biblical films (well this is only my second) but that's not all I write.

Comment

My father has been writing musicals for years. He begins by writing the music. Once he feels like the music is strong and carries the story, he goes back and puts in the missing pieces (repries, dialogue...). I know this is very vague, but that's his process (he's done ten pieces). The dialogue and repries are the last step. A freakin' nightmare, if you ask me.
        Never mistake motion for action. ~Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Musical / Period Film

Originally posted by Jimny Wayne View Post
          ...I also have a noirish film I'd like to write called "The Black Diamond". Just trying to figure out what to write first.
          ON BLACK

NARRATOR
          To prevent the growth of mold, the cheese was dipped in hot wax.

CUE MUSIC

FADE IN:

INT. CHEESE FACTORY - DAY

A wheel of Canadian cheddar cheese lowers into a vat of molten wax. As the cheese rind comes in contact with the wax, it turns black.

NARRATOR
          Black Diamond is the world's best cheese!
          JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

errr.... think ski slopes.

Comment

Working...
            X