Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• main character sees himself

At the beginning of my story; TOWN OF SIN, the main character's wife has been murder. Later into the story, he sees himself kill his wife. How am I suppose to write where he is sees himself talk and perform in the same scene? One of them is kinda in the "spiritual" form.

Understand what I am trying say?

Re: main character sees himself

INT. - HALLWAY/BEDROOM - NIGHT

Marty turns the corner and sees A SPECTRAL MARTY kneeling on the bed, lifting a butcher knife over his head. Frozen, unable to cry out, Marty watches his spectral self STAB REPEATEDLY the sleeping form under the covers.
    MARTY
    It can't --
    (beat)
    There's no --

Spectral Marty stabs the figure under the covers one last time, DEFIANTLY, and leaves the knife protruding. As Marty shakes himself into action and steps into the bedroom, Spectral Marty SHIMMERS into nothing.

Marty steps hesitantly, steadying himself -- is this a dream? -- to the bed and LIFTS the blood-soaked bedspread.
    MARTY
    My darling ...

MRS. MCFLY, her anguished face contorted, eyes frozen open, stares at Marty and locks her trembling gaze on his. A tear drops from Marty's quivering eye.
    MRS. MCFLY
    How could --
    (gurgles into silence as blood gushes)
    MARTY
    It wasn't ...
    (trails off, wincing)

Marty looks to the mirror, fixes his own gaze.
    MARTY
    You --
    (pointing)
    Look what you've done.

CUT TO:

INT. - BREAKFAST NOOK - NIGHT

Comment

Oh boy yes I understand your plight and your question completely!

I have the same problem with mine: a woman wakes from a coma ... walks into a room, and sees herself being interrogated and tortured on the previous day, but then she/today has to INTERACT now (today) with ghosts who were watching her being tortured yesterday!

It's a "Flashback" in which she is interacting with the Past NOW.

I never satisfied myself how to do it. I simply started writing:

Maria/Today leans over the bloody, broken body of Maria/Yesterday ...

I'm eager to hear other people's suggestions/solutions to your (our) problem!
      sigpic
      "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
      that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
      -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Treat the one we've been following as MARIA. When she observes and interacts with her YOUNGER MARIA self, just call that a different character and don't get too complicated with it.

Maria leans over the broken body of Younger Maria, touches her brow.

MARIA
        What they did to me ...

YOUNGER MARIA
        (glimmer of recognition)
        Help me -- help ...

MARIA
        Hang in there, baby. You're gonna make it.
        (beat)
        We're gonna make it.

Maria SWABS Younger Maria's bloody lips with her sleeve.

Comment

Agree with PULL BACK. Departed did the same thing. By keeping it simple i.e. identify the character by younger Bob and BOB works.

Tab, that sounds like a clusterf*ck of a timeline. Good luck.

Comment

I wonder if the script for the new Sandra Bullock film is written in the same way? Has anyone seen the script? Love to check it, because it would be interesting to see the format?
            D. Alin
            http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Working...
            X