Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Character Traits in questioned?

So let me get this right: Hsu is the antagonist, Kelly is the henchman. Kelly is basically related to Hsu after marrying his baby sister. But Hsu hasn't really taken much liking to Kelly, and after finding skeletons in Kelly's closets, he decides enough is enough and chooses to off him...

I think you might have something there. The fact that Hsu is denying his little sister (who he loves so nearly) the husband she loves provides a critcial turning point in this antagonist's development arc, and adds a dramatic beat for the "tortured bad guy" archetype -- especially if Hsu's baby sister discovers what his own brother has done. Heck, throw a kid in there too, beef up the drama.

The way I see it, the fact that Hsu and Kelly are related makes it more of a surprise to the audience, because (depending on how you've played the Hsu and Kelly relationship so far) Kelly would be the last henchman audiences would expect Hsu to off. Good luck with it.

Comment

If it has nothing to do with the protagonist, I don't care.
      If it has nothing to do with the protagonist's objective, I don't care.
      If it has nothing to do with the antagonist being an obstacle to the protagonist, I don't care.
      If the antagonist is just doing a bit of "house cleaning-, I don't care.

Do what you NEED to do as fast and quick as you can and get back to the real story.
      "I am the story itself; its source, its voice, its music."
      - Clive Barker, Galilee

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBrad Bradley View Post
        If it has nothing to do with the protagonist, I don't care.
        If it has nothing to do with the protagonist's objective, I don't care.
        If it has nothing to do with the antagonist being an obstacle to the protagonist, I don't care.
        If the antagonist is just doing a bit of "house cleaning-, I don't care.

Do what you NEED to do as fast and quick as you can and get back to the real story.
        Another valid point to consider... staying focus too... I just wanted to add some interesting flares to the antagonist which will cause him more grief to attack the protagonist.

I am keeping the channels open on this one.
        D. Alin
        http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

I mean, should every detail be explained...???
          Hell no! Only the high points. Only the parts that move.

Show it like a comic book shows action. Seriously, quick and direct is the way to fly. Your audience/reader should get what's happening.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Isaac View Post
            Hell no! Only the high points. Only the parts that move.

Show it like a comic book shows action. Seriously, quick and direct is the way to fly. Your audience/reader should get what's happening.
            A vald point... I didn't ask that question, did I? If I did... it was said out of context.

Sorry!?
            D. Alin
            http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Working...
            X