No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Title help please?????

There Goes the Neighborhood.

And you should definitely cast Jeff Daniels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Twain Weck View Post
      OHM SWEET OHM

Actually that last one is the title of a 1928 Felix the Cat cartoon. Old enough to be forgotten by now.
      Nice one! It's also a song by Kraftwerk.

Comment

Originally posted by P.G. Bauhaus View Post
        Nice one! It's also a song by Kraftwerk.
        Yeah. I remember that. About 30 years ago, wasn't it? That makes us pretty old, huh?
        Last edited by Mark Twain Weck; 09-17-2007, 12:04 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Twain Weck View Post
          Yeah. I remember that. About 30 years ago, wasn't it? That makes us pretty old, huh?
          Well, I'm only 30 so I don't know anything about this Felix cat of whom you speak. Didn't he live in an apartment wih Walter Matthau or something?

Comment

Lightning in a Bottle

Edison's Key

Eternal Glow

Glowbox

Power Hunt

Comment

Power House.

Comment

Bright Idea

Mothers of Invention

One more from the Wizard

Hunting for 1,094

Comment

I vote for Patent Pending.
                  Never mistake motion for action. ~Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Has someone suggested ...

Edison's Treasure

or

Mr. Edison's Treasure

yet?

With me, the title comes to me right away or it never comes.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

The Neighbor Hoods
                      Another Bright Idea
                      Inventing the Steal
                      1% Inspiration, 99% Larceny
                      Redoubting Thomas
                      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

"DOUBTING THOMAS EDISON"

When a local Science teacher discovers that a long-lost secret invention of Thomas Edison, along with millions in loot, may exist, he is met with disbelief.

But when he accidently lets it slip that it may be buried somewhere in his neighborhood, it catapults the "doubting-thomas's" into a frenzied search that pits neighbor against neighbor as they all race to be the first to find the "treasure".
                        Last edited by LMPurves; 09-17-2007, 09:34 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
                        il faut d'abord durer

Comment

Well, you heard how Edison had a traveling show where he'd electrocute dogs to prove his electricity was "better than" Tesla's ...?

And Edison mostly stole "his" inventions from others, having frenchmen pushed off of moving trains etc?

So I'd go with THOMAS ALVA EDISON FRIES IN HELL. (The comedy version could be SIZZLE ME ALVA) (If it's a sex-comedy: SIZZLE ME ALVA)
                          sigpic
                          "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
                          that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
                          -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

It wasn't just that... in Edison and Nicoli Tesla's pissing contest over which was more efficient, direct current or alternating current, Edison was also utilizing reverse marketing.

Pushing DC, Edison suggested using AC as a method of execution to a circus that wanted to put down a rogue elephant... in essence, he was using them to show how dangerous Tesla's method of delivering electricity was.

He captured the "event" on film (1903's Electrocuting an Elephant, for those who have trouble coming up with catchy titles) and toured it.

Obviously, the link leads to the sight of an elephant being electrocuted, so proceed at your own PETA level.
                            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Well there you have it. Electrocuting an Elephant it is.

Seriously, though- thanks to everyone for the input. While I don't know that we hit a winner, what you guys did was help me find the source of this problem. As I said before, I wanted a title that conveyed the "perfect American Suburb" and also conveyed the sense of adventure of say, National Treasure.

The reason I couldn't do this is because I had the suburb's name all wrong. The story has changed drastically since the first draft, which had nothing to do with inventions or Thomas Edison. In the all-too-Goonies-like first draft (hey-look at the avatar- I can't help it), the treasure was Spanish gold, so in what I thought was a clever little move at the time, I gave the neighborhood a Spanish name that meant "Hidden Treasure." With the story having changed drastically over four drafts, it now seems more appropriate to go with sort of a "white bread" suburban name, like Meadow Estates or something of that nature for the neighborhood. As the fictional neighborhood is built around a gorgeous lake, I'm thinking I could call the neighborhood CLEARWATER ESTATES or something like that.

That would let me play on a lot of ideas... The Treasure of Clearwater... The Pirates of Clearwater... Welcome to Clearwater... the Wizard of Clearwater (a little Edison reference there, and maybe I can throw that in as a jab somewhere in the script, where someone mocking our treasure hunting hero can jokingly call him the Wizard of Clearwater). Maybe these aren't great, but I feel like I have a starting point now.

Thanks everyone. Feel free to pile on this Clearwater idea.
                              Goonies never say die!

Comment

I think Tao nailed it with Juice Box.
                                The title gets the kid thing across, and also delivers the message about the power source. What more could you want?

Comment

Working...
                                X