X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice B. Tokelots
    replied
    Re: Motivate me for a rewrite

For me, I just cannot stand having anything unfinished!

I have to work it and work it, until I feel I have to abandon it, because it is as good as it will get.

Leave a comment:

• Signal30
    replied

Originally posted by ylekot43 View Post
    Motivation: I've heard about at least three very similar scripts that are about to hit the market March 1st
    I think that's the best one. With my first script, I kept tinkering with it, putting it aside for too long o' periods of time...

... and then after a couple of years of this, I caught the opening scene of a flick that was exactly my opening scene, and the rest of the script hinged on that scene.

Wasn't too happy about that, but it taught me to start getting them done and fast.

Not that it matters for me, but it's a good theory.

Leave a comment:

• suzeaa
    replied

While you're waiting for someone else to motivate you, I'm working on my next two scripts that are so exciting I can barely sleep at night.

So go ahead and wait, because the field is over-crowded anyway.

An old whore's diet
    Gets me going in the morning
    Ain't nothing like it
    Gets me going in the morning

Leave a comment:

• evaduchamp
    replied

bird by bird - anne lamott

good luck / godspeed.

Leave a comment:

• adam612
    replied

Do you know what you're doing with the rewrite? I finished a script in Sept that I swore was it... the final, final draft... let it sit a few months then let others have at it (one or two on this board).

Then I printed all their comments, cut and pasted them (literally) onto different pages that separated everyone's comments/complaints.

After the near-suicide, I realized I had so many new ideas that I was fired up to fix the problems.

Leave a comment:

• wcmartell
    replied

Quit now and I will make sure the blood stops pumping.

Leave a comment:

• LMPurves
    replied

Originally posted by elephant1978 View Post
    Hopefully the blood will keep pumping.

Ele...
    Of course the blood will keep pumping.

After all, you are a writer, and writers NEVER QUIT.

Ever.

Now go ride that wave, Ele.

And good luck.

Leave a comment:

• elephant1978
    replied

Well, I forced myself to rewrite one scene which is the foundation for many of the other scenes I need to tackle. Although not perfect, it's already an improvement over what it was. So I'm a little excited now. Hopefully the blood will keep pumping.

Ele...

Leave a comment:

• ShaneBlackFan
    replied

If I were you: Don't do any writing. Just stew on it whilst enjoying other activities.

Leave a comment:

• Charli
    replied

Write a couple of short scripts, about 10 pages long, rewrite those, then get to the rewrite of the feature. DO SOMETHING in the meantime just to get you going again, like a short run, then you'll be able to do the marathon.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Isaac
    replied

GET OUT THERE AND KICK SOME ASS, ELE!!!

Is the loud approach working?

Leave a comment:

• Kevan
    replied

Originally posted by elephant1978 View Post
    I finished a feature last year and there's a lot of interest in it, but it needs a rewrite. I know pretty much what I have to do. And I think it will definitely improve the script. But I just can't take step one. I've never rewritten this long after something has been locked. It's like I can't crack one thing and let the dominoes fall. Anybody ever been there?

Ele..
    There's 150,000 screenplays going to do the Hollywood rounds in 2008 and most if not all of them need a rewrite, or three...

Don't let yours be one of them..

Leave a comment:

• elephant1978
    replied

Originally posted by ylekot43 View Post
    Motivation: I've heard about at least three very similar scripts that are about to hit the market March 1st
    That's the one that works. Nice.

Ele...

Leave a comment:

• ylekot43
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mtoomey
    replied

If you need empty threats of violence and pain, I can probably do that for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X