Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to race?

Maybe this just works for me, but I'll put it out there in case it may work for you, too- I never worry about having to write 110 pages, and I never divide "x pages a day, divided by 110 pages, means I'll finish by".

I just try to get to page 80 or 85 or so. (To which you are almost half way already!)

Why? Because the first couple of dozen of pages come agonizingly slow - but the third act, usually, is written in a white hot heat - like 15 pages a day. Once you smell the end, you go for it. And you don't have much else to figure out - you've worked everything else out - so it's just typing and typing and smiling.

So get to page 80. You're almost there.

Re: Anyone want to race?

Bob, 12 years in and you have a partner who says he can sell your unwritten script? And you believe it?

Don't want to be a Cassandra here, but you may need to re-evaluate some things. Optimism is great, but I've been a pro almost that long and if anyone told me they could sell my unwritten script this summer I'd reach for the big butterfly net.
    http://wasitsomethingiwrote.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bobmartin66
      It's been a long and winding road. The second manager I had was very connected but he was also a lying drug addict.

As I got rid of him, I met my partner, a young actor on the rise. We have a bunch of scripts written together. Just had to wait for him to become a star.

This summer he's staring in TROPIC THUNDER.

We're on the verge of selling a bunch of scripts.

Bob
      There are many ways to skin a cat Bob. Sometimes this one works. I wish you luck. Bill Martel has a great recent post on hyperbole and BS and how do deal with it just in case it doesn't.

Comment

Bob, I sincerely wish you luck. I really do. If you crash the party have have a drink on me. If you don't I'll buy you one anyway.

Comment

Brotha' Bob!

You just missed me, man. I was stuck on page 50 for about a week, two weeks ago, and then this week, bam!

I done wrote 43 pages since Monday. I think this has only happened to me once before.

And like seh said, I'm tastin' that finish line. I knew how the story went so when I got over that hump, I was gone.

Good luck. I'll be ready for that beer to celebrate.

Corona
          I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
          I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Originally posted by Jcorona View Post
            Brotha' Bob!

You just missed me, man. I was stuck on page 50 for about a week, two weeks ago, and then this week, bam!

I done wrote 43 pages since Monday. I think this has only happened to me once before.

And like seh said, I'm tastin' that finish line. I knew how the story went so when I got over that hump, I was gone.

Good luck. I'll be ready for that beer to celebrate.

Corona
            Crazy when that happens. I basically wrote a first draft of a script this week. A major benefit of kicking the day job to the curb.

See ya, advertising!

At least until I need ya again!

Comment

Originally posted by Scripted77 View Post
              Crazy when that happens.
              Don't'chu love it when that happens, Scripted?

It feels better than when I get a root canal and they let me make payments.

Corona
              I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

I'm ready for it to. In fact, I'm going to crack one right now... it's Friday.
                This deserves its own reply.

Corona
                I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

In the next few weeks I'm finally going to finish writing BUMS. Then I'm going to write CELEBRITY WORLD. Then I'm going to finish it off with THE GEMINI KILLINGS.

Then I'm coming to Hollywood this summer to finish. Period.

We'll have beers.

Bob... aka
                  I'm diggin' those titles.

Corona
                  I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

I sat at my desk on Easter Friday and, just for the hell of it, downloaded Celtex. I'm now on page 72 of the first draft with the end in sight.... logline going up somewhere else... and I've only been writing at weekends.

Comment

It seems almost everything I write tends to end up happening in real life.
                      I have that problem myself (or rather, it's other people's problem). The most random one was with my big apocalyptic script... I was writing it way back in '98, and in one scene I had the head of security for the Vatican get whacked by an internal cabal. A week after I wrote the scene, the head of the Swiss Guard and his wife were murdered by another guard who then committed suicide. It was weird.

Actually, in that script I also had Dolly the cloned sheep rapidly age so that I could cut to the chase of the premise (the Vatican and a Florida televangelist both have Christ cloned and try to get their competing models on the market first). I needed the clones to get up to adulthood fast, so....

... and then it turned out that Dolly really did age rapidly in real life.

I don't tinker with that script much.
                      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I wonder...

If bob and Signal collaborated on a script about a screenwriter who discovers that everything he writes comes true, would the universe explode?
                        For more of my thoughts on screenwriting, check out my blog.
                        Jonny Atlas Writes!

- Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Comment

I just passed page 15 on my re-write. I thought it'd be cut and paste but damn the ripple effect of minor adjustments. Any specific end date? I got five on it.

Comment

I've been working on my outline for the past 3 months. I'm at around 17 pages of the outline and only half way through. I'm being way too detailed. I've written a summary of what happens in every single scene leading up to where I am now (mid-point of second act). Now, I'm just going to write out a list of sequences for the rest of the script. I need to get some actual pages done.

I had to get that out. =)

Comment

Working...
                            X