Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't stop... Belieeeevin'

So my daughter is learning to play Journey songs on the piano. So I tell her how they found their new lead singer on the internet. So we go to youtube and watch his videos. So she asks what happened to Steve Perry. So I go to wikipedia... And guess what?

There is a note that alludes to the fact that he has to be assured that his song would not be played over a bloody massacre at the end of the Sopranos before he agreed to let them use it. He received that assurance.

So assuming that story is true, does that mean that the writer and creator actually caved when it came to the final scene of the most successful tv series in history? Or does it mean he never intended to kill that family. I personally believe the latter - it would have been stupid and senseless to kill the heroes of the show.

The reason I am posting this in the "screenwriting forum" is this... Would you as a writer compromise an important scene/sequence or ending in order to secure the song/actor/location you wanted to use?

I would. Your thoughts.

Re: Don't stop... Belieeeevin'

I think Chase would have used Def Leppard or somebody over Journey if it meant compromising himself...
    "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Re: Don't stop... Belieeeevin'

Originally posted by SCRYPTREADER View Post
      Would you as a writer compromise an important scene/sequence or ending in order to secure the song/actor/location you wanted to use?
      A good 99% of the time it is never up to the writer (unless they are also a director). Once you sell or option that script and it goes into production, depending on contract stips... It's the producers and directors jobs to make those sort of decisions.

(I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud; I know you are just asking in general, but I learned long ago to not even bother with questions like this anymore )
      Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Working...
      X