Detailing the "plan" to be carried out! Help please!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detailing the "plan" to be carried out! Help please!

Originally posted by Raw_and_Vital View Post
    Well, I think you are on the right track then.

In regards to the Protag altering the plan slightly, just enough to pull a flip flop from under their noses.... NO! keep that for the twist. Have fun with it, come up with a clever way of showing it.

Look at Shawshank Redemption. If we were in on Andy's plan it would not have the same effect. I think it *HITS HARD* the way they executed it.

Perhaps save your reveal of the altered plan for the end or for a twist.

HA HA HA, here I am trying to give advice to fellow writers when I can't even punch my way out of a wet paper bag with my own writing hiccups!.! SHEESH!
    Cool. Thanks for the assistance. If I can possibly help with your "hiccups" feel free to post'em and we'll see what we can do.

Comment

Re: Detailing the "plan" to be carried out! Help please!

"The weakest thing you could do, though, is have the characters describe exactly what's going to happen in the heist, and then have exactly that happen.

Thinking that, that would be perfectly fine to leave out that portion and just have them go straight into the execution of said plan."

I think you figured out the answer for yourself, and the other posters did a great job in advising on this point.

Let me just add another movie, A SIMPLE PLAN, which takes ARMORED's position on this question. A "simple plan" is hatched, but the resulting action ironically demonstrates that the plan was anything but simple. The resulting ACTION belies the EXPOSITION.

The exposition also creates tension. We know that it's not going to be that easy, especially when we consider this bunch of shady characters.

Great question, great responses.

Comment

Working...
      X