Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-Hander Comedy

I was just told to make my comedy script a two hander with an agent I'm working with. He said you got this one star at the lead, but make another role attractive to a former action star.

So I assume two hander means 2 juicy roles. A lead and a supporting role that have lots of scenes together.

I worry because I had a third character that has a lot of scene time too, so does that make it a three hander by mistake?

Anyone have good comedy examples of two hander or a better definition?

Re: Two-Hander Comedy

Twins
    Dumb and Dumber
    Wedding Crashers

Maybe two hander means knock 'em out with the "comedy" aspect of the script more?
    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Two-Hander

"two-hander -- a play or movie with two characters" ~ Variety's Slanguage Dictionary

I don't think that it means a lead and a supporting role, but that the focus is upon two characters, (not necessarily just two characters, its original definition, as in SLEUTH); thus, I'd think in terms of a comedy duo or two lead roles thrown together in a comedic situation, (eg. PLANES, TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES).
      JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Re: Two-Hander

I would clarify with the agent just what they mean rather than second-guess, do a lot of work, for it only to be wrong.

EJ

Comment

I will... just trying to get as much info as I can. Trying to figure out what it means to him before I ask newbie questions...

I don't want to come at him without trying to get some help on my own since he's not my agent, just working with us. He's not going to do a lot of hand holding, so have to get myself up to speed first.

Comment

48 Hrs

Comment

Working...
            X