Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update for those who may be interested.

I know, I said I was never going to post again...

I guess I should learn to say never say never.

I haven't talked to Brandon in a few months. After a script sells, we'll get back to business. He did become the big star I thought he would.

A month and a half ago I sent an email to pitching GENIUS. Some of you have read it. Two weeks ago I got an email telling me to send the script. If she reads it, it's all going to happen.

If anyone wants to read some scripts, you can download my scripts for free at LULU.COM. Just search Jeff Shurtleff there or on Google.

The scripts available are CURES, IN THE GAME, THE HOLLYWOOD GENIUS(GENIUS), and QUEEN BEE.

Jeff Shurtleff
    Last edited by Jeff_Shurtleff; 12-17-2008, 07:15 PM.
    "Some men see things the way they are and say why? I see things that never were and say, why not?"

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...4669871&v=info

Re: Update for those who may be interested.

Welcome back, Jeff!

CoronaDeckTheHalls
    I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
    I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Originally posted by magicman35
      Jeff, can you expand on this?
      Without giving away too much, I would say CURES connects the dots between sports, congress, and HGH(Human Growth Hormone).

On a personal note, I'm always mistaken for a guy in his early to mid -twenties, although I'm going to be forty this year.

There is no formula... just do everything else Dave does.

Jeff Shurtleff
      "Some men see things the way they are and say why? I see things that never were and say, why not?"

Comment

Jeff

a) Who are you?
        b) You said you'd never post again but it says you've had 2 posts, and both of those posts are here in this post. So were you someone else? And how long were you on the board? Oh, and why did you leave?
        c) Who is this writing partner of yours? What do you mean you knew he'd be a star? What has he done?
        c) Why would you think that going out with a script would mean a sale, as 99.9% of the time it doesn't mean a sale (unless I didn't pick up on your sarcasm - which of course brings me back to my first question).
        Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wilsoneads View Post
          Jeff

a) Who are you?
          b) You said you'd never post again but it says you've had 2 posts, and both of those posts are here in this post. So were you someone else? And how long were you on the board? Oh, and why did you leave?
          c) Who is this writing partner of yours? What do you mean you knew he'd be a star? What has he done?
          c) Why would you think that going out with a script would mean a sale, as 99.9% of the time it doesn't mean a sale (unless I didn't pick up on your sarcasm - which of course brings me back to my first question).
          I posted here for a couple of years. Under the names Jeff_Shurtleff/bobmartin.

I've written several scripts with Brandon T Jackson. He was Alpa Chino in TROPIC THUNDER and he's in THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL.

I met him three and half years ago, six months before his first big break movie came out, ROLL BOUNCE. I told people at the time that I could tell he was going to be a big star.

As far as thinking GENIUS is going to sell. Just a gut feeling. When I wrote it three years ago, I said "If we get certain people to read this script, it's going to sell." In fact, GENIUS is about and actor and writer meeting each other and then the actor becomes a huge star.

I think the people I want to read the script are going to read it.

We'll see.

Jeff

Comment

Gotcha. Why were you so adament about leaving? Did something bad happen here?

Out of curiosity, is anyone (managers/agents) concerned that your scripts are online? I know sometimes managers/agents don't like that anyone could've read your scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by wilsoneads View Post
              Gotcha. Why were you so adament about leaving? Did something bad happen here?

Out of curiosity, is anyone (managers/agents) concerned that your scripts are online? I know sometimes managers/agents don't like that anyone could've read your scripts.
              At the time I posted the scripts, I was ready to throw in the towel. I've been writing for 13 years and I was just ready to try anything to make it happen.

Now that I've got GENIUS in the hands I want, I may pull them offline.

As far as not posting anymore, I just didn't want people judging my writing ability based on my posts.

Jeff

Comment

Gotcha. Yeah, people can be pretty ruthless around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcorona View Post
                  Welcome back, Jeff!

CoronaDeckTheHalls
                  Just wanted to add that if I do finally break through, I'll make good on my promises to help everyone I can.

I know it's the ultimate grind.

Jeff

Comment

Just make it, Jeff. You've always been a good guy.

Good luck!

CoronaTwasTheWeeksBeforeChristmas
                    I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Shurtleff View Post
                      Just wanted to add that if I do finally break through, I'll make good on my promises to help everyone I can.

I know it's the ultimate grind.

Jeff
                      Knowing you've been at it this long and still going already helped me.

Good Luck.
                      what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

Thirteen years? That means I have to put up with Jcorona for another nine years at the very least. Oooooooooooooooooooooo Maaaaaaaaaan.
                        TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

You'll be long gone from here due to your success, clueless. But if you ever wanna find me, you know where I'll be.

CoronaTiredOfPostingAllThisChristmasHappinessSh1tA fterHisNameSoNoMore
                          I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Welcome back, Jeff.

It maybe two whole iterations of Done Deal later, but some of us remember you from back in the day. Good to see you're still grinding.
                            - - - - - - -
                            Script consulting still going strong.

Details and updates here, as always: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ead.php?t=9901

Comment

i vaguely remember him, but these posts are crazy insane like someone i know.
                              You only get one chance to rewrite it 100 times.

Comment

Working...
                              X