Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Madness is about to Start again.

I'm in pre-production on my latest short movie to be shot in a month. I wrote this short years ago and I'm finally going to film it. After filming three previous shorts, I'll tell you, I prefer my characters on the page. Now, I have to deal with Actors and a crew. A shiver just went up my spine. Then again, we need actors to make our characters come to life. A necessary evil. But, I love directing so... off we go...
    Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Re: The Madness is about to Start again.

Best of luck.
    The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmora View Post
      Now, I have to deal with Actors and a crew. A shiver just went up my spine. Then again, we need actors to make our characters come to life. A necessary evil. But, I love directing so... off we go...
      I think it was Mamet that called actors "stubborn props." I feel your pain... love 'em when they're on the same page, but more than too often I want to take that page and give 'em the death of a thousand paper cuts.
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Thanks TWK...

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
        I think it was Mamet that called actors "stubborn props." I feel your pain... love 'em when they're on the same page, but more than too often I want to take that page and give 'em the death of a thousand paper cuts.
        Funny Signal, but so true. I once had an actor who told me (mind you, this was while we were shooting) that he was TIRED of acting. I told him no problem, we could take a break. He corrected me and said that he was really tired of the whole acting thing and he didn't know if he wanted to continue being an actor -- entirely. Damn, I thought I was screwed. Luckily, he snapped out of his funk in an hour. But for that hour, I was having a mental breakdown. Since, he was the lead, I thought it was all over.

That was the longest hour of my life.
        Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

cmm - didn't you know, actors have the worst insecurities in the business!!! They're high strung, fidgety, need constant affirmation little creature and you just got to luv 'em! lol

Good luck and show us the link when you're done.

Comment

Working...
          X