Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's YOUR Sacred Place?

Late at night in the far corner of my dorm room on my bed...or in the car blaring classic rock.

Yeah I said dorm room lol.
    Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky1288 View Post
      Late at night in the far corner of my dorm room on my bed...or in the car blaring classic rock.

Yeah I said dorm room lol.
      Any chance of a few piccies? Say - around about shower time? It's just for research of course - for my new script, rather unimaginitively entitled "I was a teenage sex slave".

Knowing my luck, that one's already been done though...
      "Now we're getting someplace".
      Oliver Hardy, 'The Music Box'.

Comment

My ideas are my bedtime stories, so I guess in my bed right before sleep.

I mentally re-write outlines and/or test new ideas and other variables until each part of the story makes sense and then write it from memory the next day. Sometimes I dream plausible alternatives as well.
        On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

Originally posted by Rathmon View Post
          My wife hates it, but I love to go to the local Cigar Shop, light a fat smoke, pop a beer, and hammer out some pages.

As long as I can ignore people asking me 'what ya working on?', it's all good.
          Yeah, I hang out at my tobacco shop a good bit too; although, last week I converted my second office(which served as my sloppy storage room)into a mini-smoke room. No televisions allowed in the room under any circumstances...just me, my pipe, and my books.
          sigpic

Comment

For me it's not about the place, but the time of day when "I" can be totally alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Isaac View Post
              No televisions allowed in the room under any circumstances...just me, my pipe, and my books.
              You don't allow televisions to come in, huh? Must be a serious Twonky problem in your area...
              "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlocks View Post
                If I have music on I listen to that instead of thinking about my script.
                Man, I must be odd... I almost have to have some mood music (genre dependant of course) to write. And if 10 songs go by and I haven't heard a damn one of them, then I know I just wrote something good.

Plus, with my earbuds in, people don't get so offended when I ignore them as they ask, 'you writing some kinda book or something?'. (Because they generally don't like it when I respond by saying 'no, your obituary'.

Words... they don't arrange themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rathmon View Post
                  Man, I must be odd... I almost have to have some mood music (genre dependant of course) to write. And if 10 songs go by and I haven't heard a damn one of them, then I know I just wrote something good.

Plus, with my earbuds in, people don't get so offended when I ignore them as they ask, 'you writing some kinda book or something?'. (Because they generally don't like it when I respond by saying 'no, your obituary'.

You're not alone. =)

I usually listen to instrumental/ambient music. I find that it really helps.

personal favourite albums?

'Bob' by Wixel

and

'Depths' by Windy & Carl

Comment

Why do I always get a Page Load Error when I try to access the artful writer website? It happens over 99% of the time and I have absolutely no idea why.

Comment

I don't know, Bio. It always works for me.
                      "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                        Why do I always get a Page Load Error when I try to access the artful writer website? It happens over 99% of the time and I have absolutely no idea why.
                        Maybe you're not artful enough.
                        "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                        ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlocks View Post
                          Maybe you're not artful enough.

Comment

Working...
                          X