Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montage with dialogue

Could someone give me an example of a MONTAGE SEQUENCE where some of the scenes include short dialogue. Or I guess I should ask if I can use dialogue with in a montage sequence or should I just break them up into separate scenes.

I want to show a sequences of events but I want to include some quick dialogue within a few of the scenes. It might would be easier if I just did it all separately....I'm not sure...help?
    ducky1288
    Last edited by ducky1288; 02-17-2009, 12:00 PM.
    Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Re: Montage with dialogue

Funny I was just reading one in the "Dan in real life" script. I don't know if this is what you looking for but here a piece of it.
    [CENTER]

Dan
    And what else? Ok, I went to school, and I had a bonanza lunch pail...

Over a series of dissolves:

Dan
    Then I wanted to be a magician...I staged my own show Where I tried to make the neighbor girl float...and she didn't float....needless to say it involved a plaster cast and some stitches and that was the end...of my magic career....

dissolve to:

Dan and Marie laughing

dissolve to:

Dan
    So I was the RA for the dorm -- thats's a resident assistant -- and she was the freshman with the loud stereo.
    (said quickly, off handedly)
    And then it was good and the girls came and then it got even better and then she got sick and we lost her and it's taken us some time....

Marie yanks a napkin out of the dispenser.

Dan
    (beat, sees Marie is upset)
    And I think we should talk about something else...

Comment

Thanks . I'm still doing some research. I can't really find the specific answer I'm looking for..maybe because what I'm trying to do isn't normally done. I might just end up splitting up the scenes.
      Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

or did you mean a more action type of montage like a sports movie before the "big game". You see the typical announcers explaining the stakes, person arriving at the arena ect, dressing ect, coach lecture, crowd cheering ect.

Comment

ducky1288,

Look at the script for THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY. It should provide examples of what you're looking for.
          Stupid tv. Be more funny - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

It's not all in the script, but on screen in Legally Blonde when Elle gets the witness to implicate herself...everybody separately says "Oh. My. God." ...judge, lawyers, Emmet, Brooke, etc.

Comment

Alright guys thanks. I'll take a look at those scripts and see if it is kind of what I'm looking for in mine. If not I can just split them up, no biggy I don't think.
              Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

basically any Scorsese movie - besides the one he won an oscar for.

Doesn't that crappy butters script start off with a bunch of montages and voice overs, then breaks into other people doing voice overs.
                But this wily god never discloses even to the skillful questioner the whole content of his wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                X