Do the lead guy and lead girl have to hook up?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do the lead guy and lead girl have to hook up?

Thelma and Louise coulda been a lot more fun if that darned Brad Pitt character hadn't gotten in the way.

But I honestly can't think of any through and through platonic friendships...Although I've never seen "Remains of the Day"...How'd that end?

Midnite

Comment

I miss film noir.
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Annie Hall?

Comment

wasn't this questioned posed when harry met sally?

whoopi goldberg rarely hooked up. no comments necessary about why that is. lol! when she did some flick with ray liotta, i was like... "what?!" but in real life of course we know she always hooked up with white guys.

That kind of chick-sh*t "let's not offend the racists" thing always pissed me off. That's over, right?
          but it had a progression. started out with only whitney houston/halle berry/denzel washington types. but we did have look who's coming to dinner back in the day. i found it cool that they switched the races in the remake with ashton.

Comment

It might be a necessity of the marketplace, but this sort of thing has really ruined a lot of could've-been-great films. CONSPIRACY THEORY, for instance.
            Script a Wish. With powerful screenplay notes and Hollywood contacts, we get your work polished, read, repped, and bought.

Comment

It's out of place if they don't hook up because we're so used to them hooking up.

It's like listening to a rock song and in lieu of a guitar solo, it's a violin shredding. Just doesn't have the same feel, you know?

Unless you can create a reality where we don't want them to hook up. Just seems every movie gravitates towards sexual tension between the characters. It seems to leave the movie as unresolved for some reason if they don't hook up.

Take Spanglish.

Man, had they hooked up at the end (Sandler and Paz Vega) it would have been a much better movie, but they didn't and I felt like there were still unresolved feelings and that sucks leaving a movie like that. I want resolution!

Same thing with Show Girls. Had the two girls kissed...it would be a classic.

Of course as a male I may see things differently.
              The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Comment

Remains of the Day comes to mind first.
                Sent from my iPhone. Because I'm better than you.

Comment

Naud - Wasn't that movie British? The Brits seem to like tragic love stories. Must be that cold bitter rain they get every year, they take out their frustrations on screen.

Comment

Working...
                  X