No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Bill Marquart

Dear Bill

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the competition win. Well done mate!

Best

Friendly

please elaborate

and bill: congrats, for whatever it was. you're buying the beer?

Comment

Re: please elaborate

Mr. Friendly, Steeves, and those who have e-mailed:

Thanks very much, but it's just a bit premature. I am a finalist in a contest, but the winner won't be announced until the end of the month. I am honored to be a finalist, regardless of the outcome.

I'll give more details to those who want them, when all is said and done. At the very least, each of us should be encouraged by this. Some of what I learned from this board (even which size brads to use!) went into my screenplay, and trust me, many of you can write better than I.

I was encouraged to enter a contest in the first place by comments from one of the old-timers here to another person.

Bill M.

Comment

Good luck, Bill. We're rooting for you.

Comment

Go Bill, get busy, it's your birthday! Seriously, Bill...best of luck. Win one for the good guys!

Comment

I guess the real work starts now. I am trying desperately to finish another screenplay before the final judging, so that in the event I should actually take first place I will have something else to show. You know, there are a few others from this board who are in the quarter or semi-finals for a different contest, the Nicholl, and they deserve our support, also. Check the threads if you haven't already.

This good stuff makes up for the other stuff, doesn't it?
            Thanks again, guys.

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X