Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

Gosh, seems like things are "happening" for some folks on this board! So, here's a round of applause for you guys--CLAP...CLAP...CLAP...CLAP (is there an emoticon for this action shot?). Good luck and keep us posted. I might need some inside scoop from the pros, if I ever sell a script one of these.........years!

Comment

Re: Congrats!

Cornell - Don't think "years" - think "weeks or months"!

Hang in there! Here's applauding you too! (clap clap clap)

Best of luck!

Tina

Comment

cool

sounds like some good news abounding above... (but do not forget the evil hollywood that sucks out energy - disappointment, if it comes after such great affirmation, sucks worse than gravity)

that said i really hope that stuff works for you folk...

meanwhile, in the desert, steeves just broke thru barrier #73, this one regarding his third act during what i like to call "the death day" sequence... now if only i can overcome the outstanding 61 barriers not yet broken down.

luck to all

Comment

growth

embrace the fact that we are masochists...also embrace that we are brave enough to deal with a very tough segment of the creative world.

thinking that you have nailed a rewrite, and then being told there are problems--problems you never considered-- and then being big enough to listen to the criticism, and then being open minded enough to incorporate the notes into yet another rewrite, and then seeing that your script is better as a result. in short, realizing that you are improving your craft and that your expression is better than it was...that's growth. as in most things, you need help along the way...that's life.

Comment

Happy stuff

I guess the ultimate happy thing would be to hear that they just started filming a movie from my screenplay and that I would have complete creative control. Until that happens, I'll be happy with the baby steps of progress, being finalist in a competition and hearing that the noted director that has read my script liked it and will call me. Don't know if I'll ever get a movie made, but affirmation is nice.

Waiting for the phone to ring ...

Waiting ...

Waiting ...

Comment

Re: Happy stuff

Everyone... this dialogue is really terrific, but I urge you to also list your material on storyXchange.com while it's free. Yes, this is a shameless plug, but also a sincere desire to help writers everywhere get past the gatekeepers that have become de rigueur in Hollywood.

Our posting fees are being waived for only one more month, so check us out and post away!

Good luck to you all!

Comment

Re: Happy stuff/ToddinHB

Dear Toddin,

I went to the site and still had some questions.

Are short scripts welcome?

What about animation? For series or features?

You mention (above) that - for a limited time - listings/postings are free, but prices for the listings/postings (per 12 month periods) are stated in the FAQ area. Did I miss something?

I'm interested in selling the rights to a comic-book series I have coming out from an established publisher (starts publication next month). Can I do that via your site? If so, how, and will that still be free for the time period you state in the above post here?

Enquiring minds wanna know.

But the site looks good to me, none the less.

All the best, kosk

Comment

Hi, kosk. First, thank you very much for the comments. We are always interested in what our users think, and we invite any suggestions to improve the site.

Second, you may most definitely post your comic-book series under "Published - Fiction". Just be sure to mention in your logline that this is a comic-book series. We are working on adding that as a category, but it isn't in place yet. Since a fair number of our buyers might be interested in this, I would recommend that you list it.

The posting will be good for one year from the date it is listed. At that time, you may continue to list for the fee quoted on the site. Sorry for the confusion about free listings. It says on the homepage that, through Sept. 30, 2000, all posting fees are waived, even though the FAQs state the fees, even though those are waived for now.

You can list any length script, but the site really isn't designed for any spec television scripts, since those are not typically purchased (instead, being used as a sample of one's talents).

I invite any other questions or comments that you might have, kosk. Thanks for the look, and I hope you list something there soon. Good luck!

Comment

Kosk,

Do you read "Cerebus?"

Comment

Cerebus, Crash?

Oh, hell yes (when the telephone books come out). In many ways, the Sim Saga is better than many novels that I and others enjoy (Sim has a great sense of rhythm and pace). But I could do with a wee bit less misogynistic content...

You?

Comment

There's that nasty little tendency: never believing the people who love you when they say "well done!" because, well, they LOVE you... I have found inspiration in children I've spoken with and advised who tell me how they "wanna be like me", and I have found my heart swelling when perfect strangers who dont know me praise my work... I've been a writer most of my life, but am only now breaking into screenwriting and its a big, scary, different world... I value what loved ones say, but its the people who dont really *know* me that kick me in the ass and say "go, go, go"...

Daughter of Lir, aka Swan Girl

Comment

Working...
                        X