X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Alice

DesireeB,

I respect your reasons for choosing that title, but I also think that it does not flow. Something about the noun/verb relationship and syllable rhthyms doesn't seem right to me.

caliban

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Splendor in the Grass with Beatty was a title from a poem read in class by woods. I like the title splendor in the grass, it flows. I am not sure if i like the title about alice. It just sounds odd.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Smilla's Sense of Snow

I disagree. I picked up the video because of its title. Once I read the premise, I rented it. Although the movie had some story problems (notice I didn't say screenplay problems) towards the end. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The title stuck in my mind to such an extent that it is an inside joke between my wife and I.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re:title

SMILLA'S SENSE OF SNOW was an interesting book, but the title wasn't the greatest - and it certainly didn't help the film version.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Starring Meryl Streep?

Alice Moving Under Skies.

Yep. Sounds like a romance. Female lead. Maybe set in an exotic location. Save that title, because it's great, but not for a crime thriller.

Without knowing more about it, I couldn't even venture a guess...but if you read your screenplay, I'll bet you'll find your title somewhere between page 15 and 27. Let me go way out on a limb...I'll say page 23. Let me know how I did...

Your pal,
    Couchguy

P.S. Why not copy and paste page 23 and let us all try to find it...oh, wait! even better, when you do find your title, copy and paste the page you found it on, and let us guess what it is!

Yeah, that'd be cool.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Thank you everyone

You've all given me a lot to think about and I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to help me. You guys are the best.
    Desi

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: I like it but...

WCMartell has a whole thingameejig on titles at his site. No suck-up; he didn't pay me. But I checked it out, and thought it was quite sagacious.

Can't hurt to spend 5 minutes perusing it...

And I'll be honest. Anything that sounds remotely like "Raising Arizona" or "Under Milkwood" or (choose your euphemistic verb/noun mixture) sh!ts me off. That doesn't mean the scripts with such titles are bad, but they rub me raw.

My favourite title in all the world?

Murder by Death. Says it all. Also one of the most hilarious (and politically INcorrect) comedies around.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I like it but...

I have to agree with alot of the comments above.
    Consider, maybe,

Alice Moving
    or
    Moving Under Skies

Either may prove less confusing re: genre.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes, like that all time great farm movie "Silence of the Lambs"

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's a great title. But here's what sprung to my mind: independant film, maybe a romance, a young woman searching for love or her place in the world, something thoughtfull, interesting, fairly intellectual.

Then you tell me it's a crime thriller. Last thing I would have expected. It's still a great title, but perhaps not for this story.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for all of your replies.
    The story is a crime thriller. The title of the script relating to the line in the poem ends up having a connection to the crimes and a victim in particular. But, as I said, you only get a little info. about 60% in and the rest towards the end.
    Desi

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I like the title. Whether it's right for the script? -- we don't know what the script is about, but titles don't always tell us that anyway.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Desiree,

I like the title, I say keep it. The script will sell or not based on the quality of your story, since they can always change the title once they've bought it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What is your logline for this screenplay?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I like it. It is quite visual and mysterious. However, for a selling script it might not work. Check out the Wordplay column on good titles:

www.wordplayer.com/column...earch.html

It has lots of good advice.

regards

BabyNiblet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X