Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad loglines

Ask ANY 20 y/o male what's a good idea for a movie and he'll say "The story of my life."

And he'll be serious.

Comment

wcmartell,

You're scaring me.

I read your article :INDEPENDENTS: Dog Juice" and took it to heart. I figured my current project was for the indie market and I crammed as much "juice" in as I could. Then I remembered your remark, "If I wonder whether I've gone far enough, I probably haven't," or something to that effect. And I crammed even more juice into the damned script.

At this point the script is, well, juicy. Very juicy.

A couple quotes from your opening comment in this thread are in order:

"If your scipt is too different than other movies, the audience won't want to see it".

"If you can't think of any recent films like your script, there may be a very good reason... they don't make movies like that... start looking for similar stories in other media."

I can put together a logline for my script. It would take the form "Movie X meets Movie Y meets Movie Z". So in that way, I don't feel off the deep end. And yet, we're talking lots of dog juice here.

Then I think, well, "Being John Malkovich" was weird, original, funny, juicy.

Question: Is it possible to have too much dog juice for even the indies?

greg

Comment

Working...
      X