Attention to detail and suspension of disbelief...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, Gig...

(aside from how delightful you were in the "Room" today)...

The comments about unbelievable family-tales really hit home.

Actually, they hit me in the chest like one of "Squint" Eastwoods magnum slugs.

I reckon they deserve their own "spin-off" thread...

Comment

Re: BTW, Gig...

kosk - It's a good thing I've never been to Dublin - I feel certain I would have slipped up and mentioned masturbation at least once during a conversation!

Seriously...is that true? Are they kind of prudish...not that that's a bad thing, I don't reakon. I'm just curious...just incase I'm ever out that way.

Tina

Comment

Well, Tina...

Dublin is a wonderful and strange city...

Even in the men's stalls, I can't recall seeing any drawings of "parts".

Think about that for a moment.

Even in the "liberal" areas, I never once saw people of the same gender even hold hands, even steal a kiss together.

On some levels, outspoken and very much rocketing into the new millenium.

On other levels, someone from the most dreaded parts of the '50's would have a happy vacation there.

But it is still my most favourite city in the world, and I long to return, as soon as I can.

Comment

Joaquin Murieta's Head on History Channel

Bill,

It just so happens that I was watching the History channel tonight and guess what story they ran...Joaquin Murieta's head and the guy that owns it now.

I was busy writing and halfway listening to the program but I did turn and see this outlaw's head preserved in this huge glass...what's he preserved in formaldehyde?

Just thought I would pass it along.

gdover

Comment

Regarding researching every little thing, remember that most films cut away when boring procedural or technical stuff begins to occur.

Technical stuff can really bog down a good story.

Chris.

Comment

Re: Joaquin Murieta's Head on History Channel

gdover - Wow! I wish I had seen the program. Originally the head was preserved in whiskey.

I would have to question the authenticity of the head in the show, because everything I've read claims it disappeared in the earthquake. It is possibly the real thing, I guess. Does the owner keep it on his coffee table? Yecch!

Comment

Re: Joaquin Murieta's Head on History Channel

hm, *I* am curious as to whether the owner of said head is a Californian or Mexican... (we could go on a raid, Bill!)

:lol

Comment

Found: Joaquin Murieta's Head!!

http://cgi.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-b.../jarswim1a.gif

Comment

Re: Found: Joaquin Murieta's Head!!

I have that one too, muh man... and now that you've proven yourself, you'll have NO excuse not to show your true emoti-colours in the Emoti-Movie thread...

Glad (again) that you're with us... kosk

Comment

Working...
                    X