Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copyright traditionally protects expression of ideas and not the idea itself, nor does it protect the ideaâ€TMs function generally speaking.

So no, you can't copyright ideas, they are a dime a dozen and good luck enforcing it in a court of law!

Comment

Re: Submitting script for evaluation...

For you Jeff Bollow fans, here is an excerpt from his company's Release Form:
      "I acknowledge that you may have had access to and/or may have independently created or have had created ideas, themes, formats, stories, suggestions screenplays and/or other materials which may be similar or identical to the theme, plot, idea, format or other element of the material now being submitted by me. I understand and agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by you of any such similar or identical material." [Emphasis added.]
      If that ain't a license to steal...

In this day and age ... most of the scripts are so sh**ty and stupid and superficial. -- Melanie Griffith

Comment

Re: Submitting script for evaluation...

Originally posted by Dennisss View Post
        For you Jeff Bollow fans, here is an excerpt from his company's Release Form:
        "...you may HAVE HAD access to and/or MAY HAVE independently created or HAVE HAD created ideas..."
        If that ain't a license to steal...
        If you sign that, I think you can still beat them. Prove they had access to and/or or created their identical work onlyAFTER they reviewed your submission.
        Last edited by jonpiper; 12-10-2013, 09:13 AM. Reason: Add BOLD CAPS

Comment

Working...
        X