A double twist or double surprise ending...Examples?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A double twist or double surprise ending...Examples?

Can anyone think of any examples of films or screenplays that have one twist and then a resolution and then another twist?

An example might be that a man discovers his is actually a ghost, he comes to terms with that fact, and then goes toward the light to meet his maker, and meets the devil instead. :lol

twist 1 is the fact that he's a ghost
    twist 2 is that he's going to hell not heaven

that's just a made-up bad example ala 6th sense if it were to have a double twist. :lol I am looking for real examples. I am wondering if it is possible for an audience to get a payoff, but then leave the theater and have something to debate and discuss

cwf

the others

twist ending: they turn out to be the ones that are dead

twist on the twist: mother killed her kids then herself

zilla

Comment

That movie with Kevin Bacon, Denise Richards, Neve Campbell...

that has what you would call a double ending.

Comment

Back to the Future
        - Marty tries to get back and save the Doc from being shot by the Terrorists - but fails.
        - But the Doc is alive because of the note Marty wrote him int he past.
        - Marty tried to repair the damage int he past so his family would remain the same and thinks everything is back to the way it should be - but awakes in a family that is very different. His parents and siblings are happy and well adjusted.

Comment

Heist has a great double twist. I won't get into it if you haven't seen the flick. But it's just the ending. It's not so tied into plot as Deus' example which I think is a great double ending.

The difference? Treaded into the entire story from page one, the BTF double twist begins with Marty simply thinking he's surrounded by a family of morons and he finally gets his inner secret desire by the end (a better family). We're not even told right out that he 'wants' a different family, which is common for inner goals through dialogue, we just know by how the story plays out.

Not sure if that's really a double twist but the little commonalies foreshadowed to pop up in that movie later were genius on the writer's part and is a must read for any novice.

Comment

What about "Closer?" Alice (Natalie Portman) finally walks out on Dan (Jude Law) and then Dan later finds out that Alice wasn't her real name. I don't know if that qualifies as a double twist.

Comment

Alien: We think itâ€-s the end when Ripley finally gets away in the escape pod. Then we see the creature is right there with her.

Comment

Working...
              X