No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: .

By maintaining my charming ouevre of pedantic hypocrisy, Dave.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

lol at Pathetic and his comment on Noah.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"The Hamhocks of Righteous Justice."
    :lol

jesus christ, that's funny!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Has the earth's poles shifted?

DC/APW saw the film the same way I did.

Whoa.

:eek

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Haskins, I think a good independent-whomping is what just what ole Doc Anarchy's prescribed for these babies I like to call "The Hamhocks of Righteous Justice."

Noah... how do you manage to to say that without a big ass Pot screaming BLACK! BLACK! BLACK! in your face?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'm sorry, I must have watched a different movie. I saw a film about a hardened career criminal, who with the help of an amazing foil who taught him to escape prison in his mind long before he actually escaped prison for real, comes to the crux of his life: get busy living, or get busy dying. This is Red's journey we're watching. This is Red's life we're saving. Andy doesn't change in this movie. He doesn't learn anything. He teaches. He teaches the prisoners to respect themselves and live with dignity. He teaches Red about hope. He teaches the warden about retribution.

This is Red's movie. Andy's the, if you'll pardon the pun, "Red Herring"

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I think the point in a thread where Uhuru, of all people, starts waxing intellectual about the nuance of dramatic theory is a sure sign that the thread reached inane absurdity 10 posts earlier.

This thread is simply an exercise in preaching to choirs who've never been to church.

It's time to move on to something important.

Like how many brads go in an Act break.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Teaching or learning are not accurate ways to identify the protagonist.

The protagonist is defined by the character's relationship to the story and the actions taken by the character to advance and resolve it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

david,

obviously we need to fistfight to settle this. and don't try any of your kung fu crap. i don't want to have to bring the neighborhood to your ass.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

(re: my opinion on shawshank redemption -- red is no more the protagonist of that story than i am the protagonist if i sit down in front of the fire with you and tell you the story about my childhood buddy who defeated a crocodile, saving his own life and that of little peggy pigtails. of course i, as the narrator, have learned, been affected. one doesn't tell a story unless it has become memorable through its impact. doesn't make me the protag. freeman in shawshank is the tried and true "wise old man" device.)
    Well put.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

this is like watching a william f. buckley roundtable discussion a half hour after the water bottles were surreptitiously filled with tequila.

please, do carry on.

(re: my opinion on shawshank redemption -- red is no more the protagonist of that story than i am the protagonist if i sit down in front of the fire with you and tell you the story about my childhood buddy who defeated a crocodile, saving his own life and that of little peggy pigtails. of course i, as the narrator, have learned, been affected. one doesn't tell a story unless it has become memorable through its impact. doesn't make me the protag. freeman in shawshank is the tried and true "wise old man" device.)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I think paramount sold the rights for conflict to sony.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I think parmount sold the rights for conflict to sony.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: human stories

protantagonists.... i am you & you are me .... as long as Conflict is paramount... Harmony is for the afterlife:\

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: human stories

Part of debating is bringing in factual information and citing documents.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X