Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    "Pieces Of April" is my fave dramedy of late, for the reasons that Frankclone stated. A really good dramedy will usually take my breath away, leave me thinking about it for days, and make me wish I wrote it. This film did all 3.

BTW, wouldn't "Pulp Fiction", while defying conventional genre-fication fall into the dramedy subset? Anyone?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I find that if it's not a schizoid production, that if 2 sides are integrated, one informing the other, in an organic whole, then you've got a pwerful piece of work on yr hands.
    I thought Catch22 ( the book & movie) resonated for me because of the masterful way comedy & tragedy were played off each other.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The danger about writing a "dramedy" is that, oftentimes, it means that the writer has created a script that's neither particularly funny nor dramatic.

It can't be a halfway comedy and a halfway drama. It has to be high-quality comedy half the time and high-quality drama the other half.

Not to say that it needs to be exactly half and half, but you know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Actually, you should be able to answer that question yourself.

What movies did you see? Make a list.

Make a list of all of the movies you saw in the cinema...
    Make a list of all of the movies you couldn't wait to see...

Then trace those films back to their sources: how did they get to the screen? That will show you the path your story will need to take to get to the screen.

- Bill

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I don't think I'd call Finding Neverland a dramedy. It was a drama that gave out some laughs, but they were all "cutesy" laughs.

Garden State
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    Sideways
    In Good Company

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    dramedy

Thanks much Keen

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    From last year... Sideways is probably the most prominent. I'd call Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind a dramedy too, I guess. Finding Neverland as well.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    dramedy

Thanks Deus!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    They weren't from last year, but movies like As Good As It Gets, Shakespeare in Love, Bull Durham and Tin Cup come to mind.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic dramedy

dramedy

I'm kind of a "drama" girl and now I want to take on a "dramedy." Can anyone think of any dramedies that came out in the last year?
Working...
X