No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Substitute for "Catch me if you can?"

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
    Haha funny but of course I already know them all by heart. In fact, here's a line from my talky indie script:

(fictional hot girl to hot guy on first date)

Look, all I ever do, when I'm not pounding away at the keyboard, is sit on my ass, watch reruns of Seinfeld, get shitt faced on moderately expensive red wine and smoke my brains out. And I'm still much more interesting than most people.

Near the end of my script, the protag's friend accuses her of living as if she were a character on Seinfeld (shortly after the above mentioned diatribe on who is funny and why) and, of course, hilarity ensues.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
      Haha funny but of course I already know them all by heart. In fact, here's a line from my talky indie script:

(fictional hot girl to hot guy on first date)

Look, all I ever do, when I'm not pounding away at the keyboard, is sit on my ass, watch reruns of Seinfeld, get shitt faced on moderately expensive red wine and smoke my brains out. And I'm still much more interesting than most people.

Near the end of my script, the protag's friend accuses her of living as if she were a character on Seinfeld (shortly after the above mentioned diatribe on who is funny and why) and, of course, hilarity ensues.
      ETA: trivia question for you, T: who scoops the corn nibblets and why is it "vexing?"

ETTTTAAAAA: I appear to have quoted myself @@##****

Comment

ETA: trivia question for you, T: who scoops the corn nibblets and why is it "vexing?"
        Melanie. Are you kidding, Rant?

Please.

Comment

Melanie. Are you kidding, Rant?

Please.
          Yes but WHY is it vexing ?

BTW, that is actually a very funny clip that you posted. I taped a bunch of shows on VHS but I really do need to buy the entire series on DVD one of these days. Luckily it will probably be in syndication for years to come.

Interestingly enough, the day I first taped The Contest, on one of the commercials in between, there was a blurb and shot of... guess who? John John !! (R.I.P.)

Comment

I'm not sure you quite understand how much I've had to drink tonight and how much of a miracle it was that I remembered "Melanie."

Anyway, it was so vexing that she scooped her corn niblets while eating her peas one at a time.

Comment

You're taking too long to answer. That means you're googling. That means you LOSE.

The correct answer IS: Jerry breaks up with the chick the same day George gets engaged, and the reason he breaks up, despite wanting to finally become a Man, is because the chick ate her peas one by one. This was very disturbing to him. What was VEXING, was that he had seen her eat corn niblets before, and she scooped them.

Comment

I'm not sure you quite understand how much I've had to drink tonight and how much of a miracle it was that I remembered "Melanie."

Anyway, it was so vexing that she scooped her corn niblets while eating her peas one at a time.

@@##@@@****&&@@@@

I've had a few glasses myself. It's best if we never, but never, meet in real life

Comment

I think I'm in love.

And no, there was no Googling involved.

Comment

@@##@@@****&&@@@@

I've had a few glasses myself. It's best if we never, but never, meet in real life
                    I disagree.

Comment

I think I'm in love.

And no, there was no Googling involved.
                      Nighty Night, Sweet Prince

Comment

I disagree.
                        A love this pure could never be matched in cruel reality... alas, 'tis and shall ever be, our tragic fate.

Comment

Sigh.

Comment

Sigh.
                            Nah. No sighs, no sighs. It's all good.

Comment

Um, by the way, T, anyone foolish enough to read this thread for so long, probably thinks you're gay

So I will come out of the DD gender closet, yes, I am in fact a chick!

Comment

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I think your gender has been established.

Comment

Working...
                                X