Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your choice: Essential action-adventure screenplays

Screenplays of studio-produced movies you consider â€great†or â€groundbreaking†or â€defining†(regardless of whether they were box-office hits or not) in this genre. Screenplays you would recommend a newbie to read and study.

Hopefully screenplays (original specs or early drafts, rather than shooting scripts) available FREE through these top links:

www.joblo.com/moviescripts.htm
    www.script-o-rama.com/snazzy/dircut.html
    www.simplyscripts.com
    www.movie-page.com/movie_scripts.htm
    www.scriptcrawler.net
    www.dailyscript.com

Action-adventure isn't a genre you see very much of these days, straight action tends to be more common.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is definitely a defining film in this genre.

Romancing the Stone is another but it is a hybrid of a rom-com with the action-adventure.

Comment

Raiders is a great movie, but not a great screenplay to study. It's very, very dense with huge blocks of dense action lines. I think if it had been submitted as a spec from a first time writer it never would have been made.

I'd recommend anything by James Cameron long before I recommended the Raiders script.

Comment

Great mix of character and action-adventure?

As far as scripts?

I enjoyed Goonies, Romancing the Stone, King Kong (1976) and Stand by me. All excellent reads.

Comment

Re: Great mix of character and action-adventure?

Unfortunately Cameron doesn't write action-adventure, he writes straight action or techno-action.

I personally think Raiders is an excellent script to study and emulate.

Comment

i have two scripts at this moment being optioned. i purchased both my action adventure scripts for a dollar.

anyone want the mob drives ms. daisy to us her mac 10.

vig

Comment

Personally I like Raiders, but Iâ€TMm probably biased by how much I enjoyed the movie. Other action-adventure screenplays that I like include:

Last of the Mohicans
              The Mummy
              Aliens
              The Fifth Element
              Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

I second the Pirates

Just dropping in to second Pirates of the Caribbean. I feirst saw it on dvd playing in the background of a family party. My jaw actually dropped open.

"But, but... They went to the island! They just up and went to the island!"

No one could get what left Aunt Willow so impressed. I later explained it to my friends "In almost any other script you wouldn't have seen it until the third act. Everyone would spend the whole movie talking about it, and the second act would've ended with some haggard old sailor with one leg missing going "You want to know about the Isla de Muerta? Oh, I can tell you about the Isla de Muerta..."

It practically brought tears to my eyes.

Three cheers for Pirates of the Caribbean.

Comment

Working...
                X