Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So'¦what do new screenwriters want?

The fast, small money (minus 10% for the agent and/or 15% for the manager) or the â€beginning and ending†movie credit after the spec script sale? Or both? Or at least the resume beef potential?

Or just the pride of getting there!

in truth? what I want?

I want a beer that tastes good. I want a printer cartridge that doesn't blow out after a couple of drafts. I want my wife to make ravioli with her sauce and not the crap she gets outta the jar. I want my parents to support my choice of careers. I want my father to like me more than a gin bottle. I want to be able to write something that makes someone, somewhere, sit up and say "holy cr@p! I get it. I understand what you're trying to say! Thank You."

That's not too much to ask, is it?

Comment

I don't know. Gin is pretty good stuff.

Comment

That's easy...

I'm just in it for the p*ssy... :eek :smokin

Comment

To stay true

I don't want money or a credit or even a sale - I'll be happy shunning all those offers of millions - so long as no witless director is allowed to change a word of my great masterpiece and I am able to stay true to my art...

You're right - this gin is powerful stuff.

Comment

peakbeach

in general newbies want to get rich, see their name on screen, maybe meet some stars, a new porsche - but most of all they want to get the above without working, studying, or having any talent for writing

zilla

Comment

Re: To stay true

Some research has been done in this area:

http://www.buffyboardnow.com/zz9maslow.jpg

Comment

well im only 15 and i just want to say im not in it for the money one day if someone wants to give me money for a script i write thats fantastic but all i really want is to express my creativity and maybe have my name on the back of a movie box one day

Comment

Re: reply

Are you channeling Molly Bloom there?

Comment

I want a beer,and I want to see something naked.

Not necessarily in that order.

Comment

I think if you're quoting Jeff Foxworthy, you have to spell it "nekkid."

Comment

I want to see something naked.
                        Any species preferences?

Comment

well im only 15 and i just want to say im not in it for the money one day if someone wants to give me money for a script i write thats fantastic but all i really want is to express my creativity and maybe have my name on the back of a movie box one day

I used to think the same way but then both my parents [censored] life support machine, and they weren't insured and I didn't have any food or money to pay the rent so I was forced onto the street where I [censored] so trust me, it's better to aim for money now because you never know when you might need it. Expressing your creativity means nothing when you don't know where your next dented can of past-its-sell-by-date tin of beans is coming from.

-Derek
                          -----------------------
                          One of the many reasons you should never listen to dpat ~PipeWriter

Comment

"...all i really want is to express my creativity and maybe have my name on the back of a movie box one day..."

You mean, like Ted Bundy?

Comment

what do I want?

As a new "screenwriter", the top ten things I want are...

10. Enough money to neuter my cat. Ever since I let it hump
                              my sweater with me in it, it won't let up.
                              9. Enough money to upgrade from my old mac to something
                              that allows me to use emoticons. Repressed beyond belief
                              here.
                              8. An agent who tells me that "we can work together"
                              I've never been able to get along with my co-workers.
                              7. A reader who tells me she was emotionally overwhelmed
                              with my script and yes, she'll take my cat.
                              6. A producer who tells me that I remind him of Woody Allen
                              with a pony tail and I can keep the pony tail.
                              5. A director who tells me I can sit in on the set for the love
                              scenes. Not the director of my movie, mind you, but one
                              operating in Van Nuys. ( I would have inserted an emoticon
                              here, but read #9)
                              4. I get reviewed by Rex Reed. You go girl!
                              3. My mom and pop attend the premiere of my movie and tell
                              me that what little they could make out, was rather good.
                              2. I can thank God at the Academy Awards and mean it.

AND THE NUMBER ONE THING I WANT......
                              1. To see all of you guys at the afterparty, celebrating your
                              success. A toast!

Comment

Working...
                              X