Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk and Talk scene

I've been thinking about this for a while, so I'll just spit it out.

On the Paycheck DVD in the screenwriter commentary, he talks about the scene where Ben is exercising (I'm not giving away any of the story) with that stick and beating the heck out of three posts. He's says this was originally a "walk and talk" scene but the director wanted to change the scene to make it more active.

Do comments like this make you want to pound your head against a brick wall?

Can't you just see all those newbies justifying their own "walk and talk" scenes because they saw one in a pro script?

there's scientific data that supports the theory that "walk and talks" result in two fistfuls of popcorn every thirty seconds, while "beating multiple posts with sticks" can increase popcorn consumption up to 50%.

Comment

bladder busters

Any time I see a walk and talk, I take a walk to the pissoir.

Comment

Walk and Talk

What about Aaron Sorkin? Ninety percent of what he writes is walk and talk.

Comment

Re: Walk and Talk

I just read on NASA's website that they're developing a new strain of popcorn that is more stream-line, the intent ofcourse is to make it easier for astronaughts to eat popcorn in zero gravity, but think of the possibilities in the movie theater business.

If they can shovel more popcorn into their mouths at a faster pace, combined with the stick beating phenom, how much money does that spell?

Comment

let us not forget that the director we're talking about here (paycheck) is john woo.

Comment

Would you please clarify and make sure I understand what a walk and talk scene is?

Man walks alone through the park trail talking to himself.

Or

Jack and Jill meander the park trail discussing the mating habits of Australian frogs.

Comment

It's neither.

In movies people don't (for the most part) talk to themselves. And ... the dialogue is important to the story progression.

It's about the choices we make as screenwriters. Which is more interesting to watch?

Jack and Jill walking along the sidewalk arguing about whose turn it is to carry the pail next time. Or,

Jack and Jill arguing about it while Jack is in the emergency room, in a chaos of activity, getting his crown bandaged up.

Comment

well, since the story is about jack falling down and breaking his crown and jill tumbling after, the former makes more sense than the latter doesn't it? i mean, if they're arguing in the emergency room after the fact, we already KNOW what happened. the story's over.

Comment

So I take it a walk and talk scene is any scene where there is conversation, but nothing much really happens? or no overriding tension, such as the bad guy around the corner stalking?

Sorry I'm dense.

Perhaps rather than talking while walking up the path they should be fighting over who carries the pail, each pulling it in a different direction, which is why they fall down?

Comment

Working...
                    X