• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiempo Real

Tiempo Real (Real Time) - 2002

Label: Maverick Latino
    Director: Fabrizio Prada

Synopsis

Tiempo Real is set in real time. The sequence of events lasts as long as the movie. The characters live, rob, intrigue, suspect, kill, die, escape and betray as time elapses. Time and its continuous actions are captured by a hidden camera that serves as an additional character, walking by their side, climbing on autos, running, entering and leaving homes without a single cut during the entire movie, achieving a continual sequence of 86 minutes. Everything transpires as in real life, without edits, and without manipulating the duration.

A band of thieves, disguised with security uniforms and with the help of an inside man, rob money from an armored truck. Motivated by the woman of one of them, the two leaders have more ambitious plans: end up with all of the money if they survive.

www.maverickurban.com/filmdetail.php?ProductID=95

Comment

Re: re:

I'm sorry, please school me on how you make a feature for under $40,000.00, or was this a short, certainly not a trailer?

Did you have an all volunteer staff?
      Whose doing the post production work... the Salvation Army?

You obviously shot this film in one location... correct?

Inquiring minds would like to know
      Three locations. Six actors - four day players - two bit parts.

Feature (95min) - 21 day shoot - paid everyone except PA's (film students) and bit players. Three days on a stage was the only location expense. The other locations were free - a big house in Palm Springs, a cabin in the woods. Lodging killed us - I'm NEVER shooting out of town again. That was a lot of money that didn't show up on the screen.

Post has been the big problem. I worked "freetime" with my editor over a 9 month period and just delivered the locked picture to the composer who is being paid very little, so I expect that process to take a while.

Recording (acoustic musicians), mixing, all sound work and color correction will push us to about $55,000.

Comment

Working...
      X