Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you talking to me?

great scenes in which a character has a few understandable (not brando-esque) lines of talking to themselves now and then?

my favs are "stolen kisses" and "home fries".
    (taxi driver is taken for granted)

any others come to mind?

RAGING BULL

Bob's talking to himself reciting BRANDO's 'It was you Charlie' quote in ON THE WATERFRONT.

Comment

Gérard Depardieu has a striking scene talking/crying to himself (and to the invisible Almighty) in JEAN DE FLORETTE (1986), having just lost everything and every hope in the very presence of God.

His co-star, Daniel Auteuil, has also several chilling moments of self-talk and self-hate, particularly in the sequel MANON OF THE SPRING (1987), in his desperation to win Manon's attention and love - something logically impossible. (But in real life these two great actors - Daniel and Emmanuelle (Béart) - are happily married).

Comment

mociaj

line that occurs to me off top of head is by alison lohman in white oleander when she is waiting in car while her mother is killing her ex. she looks into side view mirror and rehearses a speech to some unknown future prospective lover:

(whispers, resentful) you're not my type. you're not my type.

very nice writing. reveal many layers of character

zilla

Comment

Working...
        X