Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite scenes from YOUR OWN scripts?

Favorite "Scenes" from YOUR OWN scripts?
    Until I can find a quote from Pope Francis regarding one licking one's butt in the Vatican I'll post this:
    Just write it! 3-page writing challenge (January, 2022)

Re: Favorite scenes from YOUR OWN scripts?

We're supposed to kill our favorite scenes? Damn! I knew I was doing something wrong these last few years.

I've got a couple of related scenes for a comedic idea. Hmmmmmm... I might be the only one who thinks it's a comedic idea, though. The idea is crotch recognition software. You know like the face recognition software?

No?

Damn.
    Until I can find a quote from Pope Francis regarding one licking one's butt in the Vatican I'll post this:

Comment

Favourite Scenes?

The assassination of Lincoln in Ford's Theatre is my favourite of three scenes indicating why a Canuck wouldn't want to become an American. As the story in this scene is iconic, I did not use any dialog but selected a popular piece of music, (Rossini's "William Tell Overture"), added James Sanderson's "Hail to the Chief" to introduce Lincoln, as well as a drum's rim-shot as a musical sound effect.

http://www.resologist.net/Storm%20A03.mid

A surreal scene was constructed from the spinning of a table by the drunken John A. Macdonald, (Canada's first prime minister), inside of his house, and the exterior spinning of the house. I had obtained a replica model of the house for the special effects but managed to find some footage of a spinning house that was much more appropriate, especially when matched up with Edward MacDowell's "Fantastic Dance":

http://www.resologist.net/Fantastic%20Dance%2002.mid
      JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

so many of those were in the favorite "lines" thread which should have been a quick and easy thread but people had to write whole scenes so i stopped reading... lack of discipline or can't follow directions or whatever LOL!

but like NVB said, many of those scenes are long, gone, dead!!!
        a couple might be in limbo waiting for the right script

Comment

my protag, OLLIE, (patrol officer on river boat) has a south vietnamese sailor, he must prepare to assume command of the boat, when he goes home.

throughout the act, whenever an incident comes up that can be used as a teaching scenario, he explains:

OLLIE
          Rule number one, whenever.....

Rule number one, if........

Rule number one, never.......

etc.

When Ollie is saying goodbye to his trainee, the last thing he says is:

OLLIE
          just remember rule number one

HA
          which one?

OLLIE
          all of them.

*ya sorta hadda be there

Comment

Like Fortean. Where dialogue is not necessary.

Comment

The last eight pages of my TV pilot "International Latin- (I posted the first five on DD a couple months ago). Five-word logline is "down-and-out Detroiters dance.-

The last act is a sort of giant montage, underscored by a slow Latin-pop song (think Marc Anthony's "I Need to Know.-)

The first and second acts have shown all of the characters together, at a competition and at a class, but by this fourth act we're seeing them all on the same evening, off in their individual, average, non-dancing lives.

The bitter divorced blue-collar worker is in his drafty, crappy apartment taking out his frustrations in a racist rant at an overseas customer service rep.

The very glamorous star couple of the group are respectively working at a mundane job as a grocery store cashier (her) and hanging out with disreputable friends (him).

But perhaps my favorite part involves a spoiled rich girl, Lalana, and an older dancer, Arnie. Lalana is having what turns out to be an unsatisfactory one-night stand with one of their dance instructors, Rob. That's intercut with Arnie gently taking care of his wife of many years, a woman who's obviously in the early stages of Alzheimers. I like the contrast between the self-involved young people and the long-term, loving attitude of the older man.

The very end depicts Michael, Lalana's young dance partner, closing up at his family-owned dollar store. He has started dancing through the store, and isn't even embarrassed when some passers-by see him through the window. He's still the innocent of the group, young enough to be fully optimistic. Although, if this were a series, that innocence and optimism wouldn't last for long. [Dum-da-dum dummm, foreshadowing.]

Comment

I have three scenes that come to mind. One, where a Nazi bashes in some kid's head in front of his father. Another where a Mother commits suicide while her kid watches by jumping in front of a speeding train, and another where a naked, hairy man dances with an octopus underwater. All very cool scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Telly View Post
                  I have three scenes that come to mind. One, where a Nazi bashes in some kid's head in front of his father. Another where a Mother commits suicide while her kid watches by jumping in front of a speeding train, and another where a naked, hairy man dances with an octopus underwater. All very cool scenes.

I didn't realize you wrote romantic comedies

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
                    I didn't realize you wrote romantic comedies
                    Lol, it's a wonder I'm not famous yet.

Comment

I just realized that I don't have any scenes that don't have any dialogue.

Comment

Working...
                      X