good target page count for a horror script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good target page count for a horror script?

doing a first rewrite and wanted to peg a good page count. anyone up to snuff on the conventional wisdom on a horror script?

The not-quite-helpful answer: depends on how far you can carry the tension without exhausting your audience.

If you twisted my arm, though, I'd recommend closer to 95 pages than 120. If you do need a read (I've only been begging for years), PM me.

Comment

thanks, gore. all indications (at this point) are that it'll come in somewhere between 105 and 110.

i'd love a read once i get the rewrite hashed out. i'll shoot you a note when i get to that point. thanks very much for the offer.

Comment

Haskins. My horror is currently running 109, which I think might be a little long. But its getting read and getting past the reader, so what do I know?

Comment

One-hundred-fifteen.

Comment

90 to 100

Comment

i don't think length matters much, so long as it's somewhere around the expected length of a script and that script maintains tension and interest throughout.

Comment

So, you're saying that length doesn't matter. It's how you use it.

My god that was lame. Sorry.

Comment

:lol

but only to a degree. i mean, if you have a 75 page script -- well, it better be called solaris or lost in translation -- and you better be directing it.

Comment

What about an 85 page Action-Comedy?

Comment

neither of those are good titles for an action comedy.

Comment

/rim shot

Comment

neither of those are good titles for an action comedy.

:rollin

Comment

william

as the most general rule - closer to 90 than 120. after an hour and a half the aud should be fried. if not, your horror pic is lame. conversely, if you can maintain unbearable tension for 120 minutes, go for it. otherwise, stop before pg 95

zilla

Comment

thanks everybody

Comment

Working...
                              X