Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every home run king is a strike out king, too.

- Bill

PS: Steve attempted to sell his family on e-bay last year, and failed at that, too. E-bay now has a rule that you can't sell wives nor kids... and Steve was on a bunch of TV shows talking about his failure to sell his family.

Comment

A lesson for everyone? I doubt it.
      I think there is an important lesson here. Don't get married to your work.

Comment

isn't failure a nasty word for 'life experience?

you can failure at baseball seven out of ten times and actually succeed. failure is all all about perception.

i failed to realize that killing with kindness didn't mean shoving a bar of choclate up someone's ass. choclate's good - chocolate up someone's ass is a 'FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE'.

this was a dramatization: no chocolate was actually shoved up someone's ass.

vig

Comment

Raging Against the Machine

As much as everybody says they are 'looking for the great script' - the system is such to say 'no'. Or in this case 'Pass'. There's simply too much at stake and too much presure on folks to stand up and say 'Damn, this script is FANTASTIC! - I'm putting my name to this one!'

A simple look through recent Hollywood folklore will show you how many 'great scripts' - indeed how man Oscar winning scripts, were passed on by studio after studio.

So with this firmly in mind, maybe 'failure' is too harsh a word to describe what happens to a writer's work.

Winter in New York

Comment

Re: Raging Against the Machine

There is no failure, only the lack of success.

Isn't this saying that failure doesnt exist?

Comment

The failure isn't in falling down. The failure is in staying down.
              Mary Pickford

Mary Pickford was Canadian Too!!!!!

Comment

Every home run king is a strike out king, too

I like that line.

Comment

failure

Failure occurs when you give up before you succeed.

It is, therefore, an act of will, just like persisting is an act of will.

Of course, you may just suck so bad that you'll never succeed if you keep trying for a thousand years . . .

Comment

Re: failure

Great attitude, AD!

I'm always inspired by people who were - early on - perceived as failures, like Woody Allen having been tossed/flunked out of film school; and Steven Spielberg's application was rejected - twice! - to film school; or U.S. Grant's problems before the war; or the Beatles and that horrible, horrible time in their lives known as Hamburg...

All these times of "suffering" came right before their success. And it helps to think of success as an eventual thing - a numbers game. I think Edison (or some other inventor) said something about his 99 "failures" at inventing the lightbulb not bothering him because it only showed him 99 ways *not* to do it before success on the 100th try.

So really, we should be more inspired by our failures.

Comment

All these times of "suffering" came right before their success
                      And after all, it only takes one 'YES!' to make a lifetime of 'nos' irrelevant...

Winter in New York

Comment

And after all, it only takes one 'YES!' to make a lifetime of 'nos' irrelevant...
                        I second that Winter.

Comment

Failure is a state of mind, just like success is.
                          -Sandy

Comment

Failure is a matter of perspective. Having had hideously injured children die on me on my day job keeps in touch with what is truly important verses personal vanity. TSW

Comment

Working...
                            X