Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distribution: international and domestic

Can someone point me in the direction of a book or resource or otherwise that can give me a better understanding of the process and the levels of action concerning distribution of films internationally and domestic.

There's been some talk about a distributor from my agent and I'd like to know what the hell he's saying without having to ask him to waste time explaining it to me.

Thanx.

Gil

This book will help you understand the big picture through pretty much all the stages of film production, including distribution:

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> Independent Feature Film Production<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->
    by Gregory Goodell

Comment

Actually, I already read that book,

I appreciate the suggestion but I'm actually looking for something that deals specifically with distribution. That really goes into details and gives examples of issues and scenarios and statistics on marketability in certain countries, etc.

Thanks again for your time.

Gil

Comment

Gil,

That's what agents are for. Ask him.

Comment

alright don't worry about it.
          gil

Comment

"The Beginning Filmaker's Business Guide" by Harmon

It has a good basic description of various distribution tactics and processes. It'll give you a decent understanding which is what it sounds like you want.

Hope that helps.

DS

Comment

Thanks Dragon Slayer
              I'll look into it.
              gil

Comment

Try "Entertainment Industry Economics" by Harold Vogel.

But check the book jacket or a description before you buy it to make sure it will be worthwhile.

Comment

Yeah I came across that one yesterday.
                  Thanks

Apparently some guy named John W. Cones has written a bunch of them dealing with finance, distribution and the like. If any of you are intersted here are some of his titles.

43 Ways to Finance your Film
                  Finanace and Distribution
                  The Feature Motion Picture Distribution Deal
                  Dictionary of Finance and Distribution Terminology

I bought the third on because the sample pages Amazon showed seemed like somthing that was what I was looking for.

Is anyone familiar with the others maybe?

Gil

Comment

The first one won't help you. It's too rudimentary, and focuses primarily on financing, not distribution.

Comment

Would "The Indies Producer's Handbook, Creative Producing from A to Z" be of any help? I only just started reading it, so I am not sure if it can be of any service.

Aghost

Comment

Working...
                      X