Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP,

Just finished reading American Pie, and it has a final scene after FADE TO BLACK.

(I don't remember seeing it in the movie, but I think that's because it was a scene that wasn't consistent with Jim's character.)

Comment

Sounds like a director's decision, to me.

Comment

BlueBird,

Bridget Jones Diary does this.

Comment

Was that any good, Ric? I almost rented it the other day.

Comment

I'm just reminded of the way Adventures in Babysitting ended. Story's finished, everybody's happy, roll credits. And then at the very end of the credits, we see the bad guy still trapped on the top of the sky scraper. He looks up and whimpers, 'HELP.' Then the movie and credits end. I thought it was an awesome way to tie up that loose end.

I like the FADE OUT *after* that.. but I'd say if the scene was that short and cool, it wouldn't matter to me as a reader whether the FADE OUT was before it or after it.

Then again... I am as yet unproduced.

Comment

Naudi,

I thought it was good (but, then again, I'd watch a duck with 3 legs take a dump). It's the classic story of finding true love and not having to change yourself just to be loved by another. It basically says, "just be yourself, and somebody will love you".

An emotional subject, indeed. I feel a tear rolling down my face... I need a shoulder to cry on. BlueParrot, I need you to use your feathers to wipe the tears from my eyes.

Comment

Ric Ric Ric Ric,

You silly silly silly man.

Comment

I qualify for a man?

Guhh, I thought I was still just a little fart.

Comment

Working...
                  X