Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "LAST COPY" (retitled)

Saw "Max Keeble's Big Move" (Okay, okay, kids 5 and under need to be accompanied to the movies). Stereotypical characters, cliched plot and all but entertaining.

More importantly, I got to drop by a bookstore, intending to buy Seger's "Creating Unforgettable Characters," acting on GiG's tips. I got the LAST COPY on the shelf! Frank O'Harris must have felt the same way, making that befabled NFL "Immaculate Reception." I held it tight, pressed against my chest, made sure nobody's at my either side could take it away.

But, just as I turned towards the cashier, a book with a catchy title caught my eye. It's not Seger's. It's not Syd Field, either. It's called "The Screenwriter's Survival Guide (Guerrilla Meeting Tactics and Other Acts of War)" by one Max Adams.

I thought I've completed my first script so I less urgently need Seger's right now and that words "tactics" and "war" aptly appealed to my patriotic mood.

I've read only two chapters so far, one on "pitching a spec" and the other on "visual writing." I'm telling you this Max Adams knows what he - or she - is talking about.

Great book, a must-read for everybody.

Re: Great book, must read

Thanks for the suggestions ferds... I'm always looking for more good books.

(Edited because the emoticon no longer made sense after other posts were deleted.)

Comment

It's Franco Harris.

(Somebody was going to point it out anyway, and better me than a certain Steelers fan that nobody likes.)

Be sure to get the Linda Seger book too. Both that and "Making a Good Script Great" are fantastic books.

Comment

I have that book, and you're right, it's great. Another book I loved was "Hello, He Lied", by Lynda Obst.

Comment

And for more on books:
          pub4.ezboard.com/fdonedea...=111.topic

Comment

I will let Max know you are enjoying the book Ferds. I have some pull with her and it is nice to hear stuff like that. (smile)

Comment

^

Thank you, thank you, GirlinGray.

Comment

GiG:

:lol

Comment

also...

i know this doesn't help anyone, but "Frank O'Harris" is the funniest thing i've seen on this board since CRASH started a thread with the words "Jigga who?"

just thought i'd throw that in.

and i also have the Max book. good read. and good warning against a certain enterprise captain's production company.

Comment

Ferds, you are no doubt the biggest geek i've ever read.

You're like, hmm the kid who gets picked on in school and just keeps on being a dipshitte.

Comment

uh, i don't think anyone meant that at all.

i don't think ferds is a geek.

Comment

You mean the kid who went home and got his automatic weapon and came back to class and shot a bunch of holes in the kid who called him a geek, planome?

Jeez I hope Ferds isn't armed.

Comment

Gig, I didn't mean that at all. I mean like clueless, as is not aware of protocol. I mean the guy who wears a white tuxedo at a black tie.

Comment

Whereas you're the smoothest guy on two feet, right?

:lol

Comment

GirlinGray... Max Adams...

... Lovin you both is breakin all the rules. la-la-la... :rollin

Comment

Working...
                              X