Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gazzo,

you can't comprehend what you read, can you? the example i gave him was from a produced script. i thought that was kind of clear when i said so.

i like how your english usage still breaks up when you get agitated.

Comment

Gazzo,

I asked a simple question. I expected simple opinions. You provided your opinion. Thank you for that.

I DON'T thank you for your other snide comments. And my research extends far beyond reading scripts.

DS

Comment

Spark,

Thank you. The issue of the Master Scene was why I asked. It's a minor point and I think I know how I want to tackle it, but hearing other opinions helps.

Again, thank you for your time.

DS

Comment

Like I said, I'm wrong. Don't listen to a word I say on this board.
          Sory bout mi inglish and mi gramer wen i tipe on this bord. i am wurking wen i type so i dont reed over it.

Comment

okay.

Comment

No problem DS, thanks for posting a damn good question! Let me know what you decide and how it turns out.

Comment

Hey Gazz, if you're so hip, how come you didn't know that typing hahaha in such a long line would f-ck up the fprmat pf this page?

Can you edit in some spaces there please? This is as annoying to look at as a script with no spaces or sluglines.

Comment

I'm not hip. That's the thing.

Comment

No, but you fixed the thread f-uck up, which is all I care about at this second.

*Tick*

Second now officially over.

Thanks pal.

Comment

I essentially agree w/Gaigin, but would add...

The context of the previous slug, IMO, affects the need. Example:

(Dirty rotten Nazi inside U-Boat)

INT. NAZI U-BOAT - DAY

Heinrich Heilbastardtt is sucked through the hole left by the torpedo...

EXT. OCEAN - UNDERWATER - DAY

Heinrich, bleeding from shrapnel wounds, meets his well-deserved end and the teeth of the circling mako sharks.

Comment

I mis-read the title of this post.

I thought it said "INT or EXT Underwear?"

But there probably isn't one right way to do that one either. I've never written a scene that took place in Underwear. I've written scenes in my underwear. It was dark and quite cramped.

Comment

What happens if it's underwater in an indoor pool?

Comment

When PT Anderson wrote 'Boogie Nights,' he used an underwater camera in the shots where Dirk and Reed are trying to impress each other with their diving board antics!!

He uses this:

INT. POOL/UNDERWATER - THAT MOMENT

Reed lands. CAMERA moves in on his face. He's in SERIOUS PAIN .........etc etc.

Hope this helps,
                            Steve.

Comment

Your Boogie Nights example is a little problematic because PTA is the writer and director. Unless you're directing your script, you wouldn't include camera placement,

However, I believe your example rests on the inside the pool/outside the pool for the INT/EXT slug use.

Comment

Working...
                              X