Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: research

Research is necessary, can be fun, and is often a painful process.

I spent last night researching the mating habits of Great Barracuda. Loads of fun there.

Comment

Vegas - that would be much appreciated. Please send any info to [email protected]

I read yesterday where some doc said even water could be used as poison, but I didn't have time to really take notes down on that one (or pad or pen). Going back there today. I'll post what I find on Monday in case anyone else needs that type of info.

Charli

Comment

charli - I have a neighbor who is a forensic psychologist. You wouldn't believe the stuff on serial killers he loaned me to wade through.

DS - LOL

Comment

akaRichie - then wade thru some of that stuff he's loaned you about poison. Come on now!

One thing I did learn about death by poison is that it is stated as a coward's way of killing someone (which works well for my story). Homocide by poison is rare (though the new terrorist attacks may change that).

Arsenic was the poison of choice way back when it was used as rat poison. I'm still researching, so any info you might find would be appreciated.

Charli

Comment

what i know about arsenic and rat poison is that it's not a dramatic or effective way to kill someone - the victim needs to be fed it over time before they finally die. i believe the girl in the sixth sense was one such victim.

unless that's what you are precisely going for. vc andrews' flowers in the attic story deals with children locked in the attack who are fed everyday but have had small amounts of arsenic put in their food and over time, they got more ill until someone dies. i can't remember all the details, it's been years.

Comment

Strange - no, it's not really what I'm looking for because it's a slow way to die. I need something unusual, quick, clean that won't cause the body to have convulsions. Still looking..

Comment

Gaijin, if what you say is true of rat poison, 'Dumb & Dumber' has a serious plot defect.

Comment

Besides, a certain rat poison named strichnine is used as the current binding element for LSD.

Ask Tao.

Comment

So that's why I've been feeling ill ...

Comment

Working...
                    X