Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Comedy Headquarters

On akRichie's point, a recent study by the studios (not sure where I saw this) showed that physical comedy travels much better than cerebral comedy. Non-English speakers get the not-so-subtle antics of Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy. More cerebral humor like Rushmore is more difficult to sell outside of the USA. And as foreign box offices are starting to outweigh local, this is something that might be relevant.

Comment

I'm having a bad Jerry Lewis flashback here...

3 Stooges require no universal translator... (groan)

Comment

Good point, DenV!

Physical comedy does travel much better than cerebral comedy!

Comment

As a professional, working, comedy writer, let me offer you this... it's all in the concept. You MUST have a funny story, a funny concept of an idea, on which to hang everything else. The story is what is going to move your screenplay forward-- not the jokes, not the site-gags, not the silly characters. Make the premise funny, and visual, and high concept, and everything else will fall into place. www.comedyscriptdoc.com

Comment

"I'd also be happy to answer any questions."

Except, apparently, questions about who you are and what your credits and references might be. (See the Services thread....)

Comment

CSD is very forward with the rates charged, however.

Comment

I'm actually very open about who I am, and what I've done. Please see my website at www.comedyscriptdoc.com or, email me directly, if you have any additional questions, as I do not check this board regularly.

Comment

You would think evaluating scripts at $650 a pop he could afford a better website.

Comment

I visited the web site, and I still don't know who ComedyScriptDoc is or what he's done. I don't understand the secrecy, but I can't imagine even considering paying him (or is it her?) $650 to look at my script when I don't know his/her name or his/her credits....

Comment

Working...
                    X