How many spec scripts do you finish in a year?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many spec scripts do you finish in a year?

Typically, one a year. It takes as long as it takes. Quality over quantity. I'd love to get two done this year, but imposing that rigidity may result in inferior work. So we'll see...

Comment

I tried to answer this question, but shame said no. I wonder if pride will let me get a life coach?
      Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Karate View Post

Stick to what works for you. Consistency is key. It's not a race.
        True. Just wonder whether I noodle around too much. But noodling is the fun part!

Comment

Thanks Lucha and good luck with your project.

Comment

Zero.
            si

Comment

Two a year is what I strive for. I do a lot of rewriting which slows the process.
              "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
              AYN RAND

Comment

It took a couple years to finish my first screenplay, last year. I have three others working. Who knows if or when they will be finished.

However, I got the idea for a totally new concept last week and started writing two days ago. I will likely finish it this week (I am at page 70 and I have everything in my head). I am posting here just to get a break.

So. My answer is, who knows.
                www.silvercop.com
                If we don't get the information, and if we don't get the leads, we can't track down the killers.

Comment

Two days ago...finishing this week...that does it. Everyone is out of the house this weekend, no, better yet, I'm going to the Motel 6 and writing around the clock.
                  Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

I at least do two mainstream comedy specs with the intent of one going wide per spec season as well as one sitcom and one season of my webseries.

This year I might swap out the sitcom and do a third spec instead.
                    "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Room reserved and upgraded from Motel 6 to Super 8, 'cuz I'm worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X