Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We should write for the reader. Duh!

After reading the pro feedback/critiques of all the recent submissions in the Script Pages forum I'm convinced that my op, the ability create on the page an emotion or image in the reader's mind, is what really matters.

Call it the paramount rule.

P.S. My pages were, thankfully, slammed by a pro. As I reflect on the notes, I see that I violated the paramount screenwriting rule. I've been too concerned and too inhibited by the other "rules."
    Last edited by jonpiper; 03-02-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Re: We should write for the reader. Duh!

Originally posted by 1mper1um View Post
      Dude,

People with no credits are telling you the "rules" - as they told me. But real pros (here) are telling you otherwise. As are pro scripts you can find on the internet. By all means, bury your head in the sand and believe what you want but to argue the point is fruitless. As the Dolph pointed out, you have the option to free yourself of constrictions. A wise man would take it. But if you don't, fine. Believe the "rules" matter if you want but really, dude, save yourself time on arguing the point.
      Your "argument" is my "inquiry." Without inquiry what good are these forums?
      www.silvercop.com
      If we don't get the information, and if we don't get the leads, we can't track down the killers.

Comment

Working...
      X