Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Difficult slugline question - contained thriller

My point is that you saw that CSI and decided there was no market for a movie
    in a coffin for the next 30 years. Two months later, the story changed to you
    wanting to write a movie in a coffin, but the evil DoneDealers talked you out of
    it.
    Sorry I mean't to address this point ages ago.

You're misunderstanding me Jeff.

I never decided there was no market for a movie set in a coffin. I had never even planned on writing a move set in a coffin. I was just surprised no one had done a movie set in a coffin, after seeing the amazing CSI episode.

I asked why one hadn't been made. And I distinctly remember 'other people' (not voices in my head) telling me that the 'contained thriller' was not the trend any more. They said it wouldn't work.

My point is that I naively took this to be true. And I wish that I hadn't (not so I could have written a coffin film myself. I had absolutely no intention to). But I just wish I hadn't listened to people telling me 'contained thrillers' were out.

People are telling it me now. This time, thank god, I still am not listening, as I have just finished writing one.

Comment

I'm quoting you.

No one here told you not to when you first brought it up.

You said you'd decided not to.

Now you've written it.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic_about_film View Post
        Sorry I mean't to address this point ages ago.

You're misunderstanding me Jeff.

I never decided there was no market for a movie set in a coffin. I had never even planned on writing a move set in a coffin. I was just surprised no one had done a movie set in a coffin, after seeing the amazing CSI episode.

I asked why one hadn't been made. And I distinctly remember 'other people' (not voices in my head) telling me that the 'contained thriller' was not the trend any more. They said it wouldn't work.

My point is that I naively took this to be true. And I wish that I hadn't (not so I could have written a coffin film myself. I had absolutely no intention to). But I just wish I hadn't listened to people telling me 'contained thrillers' were out.

People are telling it me now. This time, thank god, I still am not listening, as I have just finished writing one.
        My favorite contained thriller is not a movie but the play No Exit by Sartre. I don't know why but your threads also remind me of it.

Comment

Working...
        X